Nutella Oreo Truffles – classic Oreo truffles made even better by adding Nutella! Dipped in chocolate or rolled in sprinkles for an easy chocolate treat.
Nutella might be one of my favorite things ever. It’s heavenly eaten by the spoonful, on an English muffin for breakfast, or in a recipe like Nutella Brownies. And these Nutella Oreo Truffles will impress just about anyone. When I sent a batch of them to the teachers at school, they disappeared in a flash.
Truffles are great because they’re simple and quick. The Oreo truffle has been around for a long time, but adding Nutella takes them to a new level! It’s also fun to mix it up by doing different versions of this classic chocolate treat. Like these Mint Oreo Truffles – they’re mint-chocolate perfection.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- They’re so easy to make. It may take more time to clean up than to actually make the truffles.
- You don’t need to worry about tempering chocolate for this recipe.
- Dipping them in chocolate is delicious but optional. Keep it simple and roll them in sprinkles if you prefer.
- There are so many options for decorating the dipped truffles. They can be sprinkled with anything from dried rose petals to edible glitter.
What You’ll Need
- Oreo cookies – Crushed Oreos give bulk to the truffles and rich Oreo flavor.
- Cream cheese – This helps bind the ingredients together and gives the truffles a creamy tanginess.
- Nutella – This spread adds milk chocolate flavor and a warm hint of hazelnut.
- Chocolate – Dip these truffles in melted chocolate for the perfect finishing touch. I like to use almond bark, but any melting or candy chocolate will do.
How To Make Nutella Oreo Truffles
- Crush the Oreos – In a food processor, pulse the Oreos to crumbs.
- Blend in the rest – Add the cream cheese to the food processor and blend it in. Then add the Nutella and blend again until everything is combined.
- Roll – Roll the truffles into 1-inch balls.
- Chill – Chill the truffles for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Don’t skip this step!
- Melt – Melt chocolate in a double boiler.
- Dip and/or Decorate – Dip the truffles in melted chocolate. Place on a baking tray and wait for the chocolate to set. Or you can skip the dip and roll the truffles in sprinkles instead.
- I usually dip half of my Nutella Oreo truffles in melted chocolate and roll the rest in sprinkles. They each taste a little different, so try both and see which you prefer.
- Try dipping these in white chocolate for a different taste and look. You could even top white truffles with a little Oreo dust or chocolate sprinkles.
- Chilling the truffles is key to making sure they stay round and pretty. It binds the crumbs together and makes them more durable. It also prevents the truffles from crumbling or changing shape as you dip them in chocolate.
- Once the truffles are dipped and firm, you can finish them with white chocolate. Drizzle melted white chocolate back and forth over them to make thin white lines.
Oreos have several flavors these days, so feel free to try them out with this recipe. Just make sure they’ll go with the Nutella flavor. Some good matches include Peanut Butter, Dark Chocolate, and Java Chip Oreos.
The coated truffles will last up to two weeks in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
This is a perfect recipe to make ahead and freeze. Once dipped in chocolate and set, freeze the truffles in a single layer on a lined baking sheet. Then transfer to an airtight freezer container and eat them within 3 months. Allow them to return to room temperature before serving.
How To Serve Oreo Truffles
To include these truffles as part of a dessert spread, include a fun mix of textures and flavors. This keeps things interesting and ensures there’s something for everyone!
- Biscoff Rice Krispie Treats are crunchy and chewy with Biscoff and chocolate spread.
- Cookies and Cream Bars use Oreos in a delicious, blondie-like bar.
- Cranberry Icebox Cookies are super easy to make and have a touch of cranberry tartness.
- Nutella Cupcakes for the kid in all of us, with the grown-up flavor of Nutella.
- S’mores Cookies are the perfect mix of chewy, chocolatey, and a little crispy!
Even More Truffle Recipes For the Holidays
- White Chocolate Coconut Truffles
- Cookie Dough Truffles
- Peppermint Oreo Truffles
- Gingerbread Truffles
- Peppermint Cookie Dough Stuffed Oreo Truffles
- Gingerbread Biscoff Truffles
Nutella Oreo Truffles
Nutella Oreo Truffles - classic Oreo truffles made even better by adding Nutella! Dipped in chocolate or rolled in sprinkles for an easy chocolate treat.
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1 pound chocolate, melted
- In a food processor, blend cookies until they are crumbs. Add cream cheese, and process until well combined. Add Nutella and blend until everything is combined.
- Roll into 1 inch balls.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Dip Oreo ball into melted chocolate. Place on a baking tray for the chocolate to set.
Amount Per Serving Calories 89Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 4mgSodium 15mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 1gSugar 8gProtein 1g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Did you know there is a Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts SHOP? Lots of different E-Books for sale. Or you can buy me a coffee to say thanks!
- 4th Of July Poke Cake - June 6, 2023
- Strawberry Jelly - June 5, 2023
- Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla - June 2, 2023
Thursday 20th of December 2018
How many calories are in these truffles?
Saturday 22nd of December 2018
The nutritional information has been added, it is approximately 160 calories per truffle if you make 36 in the batch.
Cathy @ Lemon Tree Dwelling
Thursday 19th of April 2018
OH MY.....these sound heavenly!!
Friday 13th of April 2018
My kids love Oreo truffles. We need to try this version next time!
Thursday 12th of April 2018
Two of my favorite treats combined in one! These look fabulous, can’t wait to try them!
Thursday 12th of April 2018
Nutella -- Oreo -- Truffles, oh my you had me at the title! These look AMAZING!