Decadant Truffles with Gingerbread Cookies and Biscoff, then dipped in chocolate! Great addition to any Holiday cookie tray.
I make truffles every year for Christmas. I usually stick with a plain chocolate, a mint one, and then an almond flavored one. Last year I did Cookie Dough Tuffles, and my son is already requesting that we do those again this year. This year, I had to find a way to turn Biscoff into a truffle. And pairing it with Gingerbread seemed like a great combination.
These are super easy to make, and you can use all store bought ingredients if you want. Sssshhhhh, don’t tell anyone, but that is what I did. All you have to do is find your favorite gingerbread cookie (or ginger snaps). Biscoff Cookies would be perfect too (I might have made some that way as well). Crush the cookies in your food processor, mix in some Biscoff spread, roll into balls, and dip in chocolate. They are a little crunchy in the inside, and completely decadent!
I gave these to my MIL for part of her Christmas present (we celebrated when we were in WI for Thanksgiving), and also gave some to my husbands Grandma. They got rave reviews all around. Even my Dad who is the ultimate skeptic with anything not 100% chocolate, thought they were delicious! So get in the kitchen, and make these for your holiday cookie tray.
Make sure you visit all the participating bloggers today to see what special dish they whipped up for you.
Ginger Horse Cookies from Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic
Mini Gingerbread Donuts from Jen of Juanita’s Cocina
Gingerbread Biscotti from Liz of That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Chocolate Gingerbread Bundt Cake with Bourbon Cream Cheese Drizzle from Anuradha of Baker Street
Gingerbread Donuts with Lemon Glaze from Kristen of Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
Mini Holiday Gingerbread Loaves from Isabelle of Crumb
Gingerbread Biscoff Truffles from Erin of Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
Gingerbread Dip from Erin of The Spiffy Cookie
Gingerbread Milkshake from Ramona of Curry and Comfort
Gingerbread Pumpkin Bars from Heather of Girlichef
Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls from Cathy of The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
Gingerbread Whoopie Pies with Lemon Cream Cheese Filling from Chung-Ah of Damn Delicious
- 8 oz Gingerbread Cookies (or ginger snaps, or Biscoff Cookies)
- 7 oz Biscoff Spread
- 2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate , melted
- 1/3 cup white chocolate , melted (optional)
- In a food processor, mix the cookies until they are fine crumbs. Pour into a large bowl. Using a spatula mix in Biscoff Spread. Once well combined, roll into small balls. Place on a lined baking sheet. Let set in the fridge for 30 minutes until solid. Dip each ball in the melted chocolate. Place back on the baking sheet, and let the chocolate harden. If desired, drizzle a little white chocolate over the top. Allow to fully harden before serving.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge.