Mint Oreo Truffles – Use mint Oreos to take classic Oreo Truffles to a whole new level! Just 3 ingredients and super easy to make, they will disappear in no time!
Oreo Truffles are kind of a classic no bake treat that everyone goes crazy for. They are great all year round and pretty much every time you make them, or event you take them to they disappear in no time!
These Oreo Truffles use mint Oreos to give you the classic chocolate and mint flavor combo! Can’t find Mint Oreos? You can use the original flavor and add 1 teaspoon of mint extract to get that great mint flavor!
What You Need for Mint Oreo Truffles
- Mint Oreos
- Cream Cheese
I like to decorate with a few sprinkles on top, because not only does it make them look festive, but it helps cover up any imperfections that happen with your dipping!
How To Make Oreo Truffles
- The best way to make them is to add a package of Oreo cookies and cream cheese to your food processor, and process until the mixture is nice and smooth.
- I like to use a cookie scoop to scoop and roll the truffles. This ensures they are all the same size and is just easy!
- Freeze your truffles for about 30 minutes before you start dipping. This helps to keep them together and not fall apart in the chocolate.
- Melt your chocolate in a double boiler or heat in the microwave for 45 second intervals, stirring each time until it is smooth.
- Use a fork to dip the truffles into the chocolate and place on a lined baking sheet to harden.
- If you are decorating with sprinkles, shake the sprinkles on immediately after dipping before the chocolate hardens.
What Chocolate To Use
I like to use the chocolate melts or the Almond Bark package you can find in the baking aisle at the grocery store. Both of these melt really well and smooth. You can use chocolate chips if that is all you have, but it will not be quite as smooth or as easy to dip.
Because these have cream cheese in them, you want to store them in the fridge. Once the chocolate is set, you can arrange them in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to a week. I like to take them out for about an hour before I serve them so they are closer to room temperature.
You can also make these ahead and freeze them. Let the chocolate completely set and then place in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- If you can’t find mint Oreos, just add 1 teaspoon of mint extract to the food processor when you mix everything together.
- When making Oreo truffles it is best to use the original Oreos, not double stuffed. As much as that pains me to say, it is one of the few times I think that too much filling messes with the recipe.
- Use full fat cream cheese. Light or non-fat cream cheese does not blend as well with the Oreos and you may get a weird texture.
- If you don’t have a food processor you can crush the Oreos in a food storage bag and mix with softened cream cheese until it is nice and combined.
- Use a good quality chocolate for dipping. There are not a lot of ingredients in these truffles, so you want to make sure that everything you use tastes the best, because it will not get covered up by anything else.
More Easy Dessert Recipes To Try
- Reese’s Fudge
- Candy Cane Pie
- Homemade Turtle Candy
- Magic Cookie Bars
- Saltine Toffee
- Peanut Clusters
- Cookie Dough Truffles
- 1 package Cool Mint Oreos
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese
- 1 pound chocolate, melted
- In a food processor plus Oreo's until they are fine crumbs.
- Cut cream cheese into 1 inch pieces. Add to food processor, and process until well combined and no streaks.
- Roll into about 1 inch balls (I got 30 out of mine).
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Dip balls into melted chocolate. Place on a lined baking sheet to harden. If using sprinkles, place on when the chocolate is still wet.
- Store in the fridge.
If you can't find Mint Oreos, add 1 teaspoon mint extract to the recipe.
Amount Per Serving Calories 91Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 4mgSodium 20mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 1gSugar 8gProtein 1g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!