I make truffles for Christmas every year. They are a sinful treat that I love, and they always impress. I always make a few packages to giveaway as gifts. I usually stick with a few classics…mint, armaretto, and plain chocolate. This year though, I am changing things up a bit! I will still make the tried and true ones, but I am throwing a couple new ones in there. I love cookie dough, who doesn’t? My in laws are coming this week, and my father in law just might like cookie dough more than I do. So I knew I just had to make these for him.
These definitely do not disappoint! If you like cookie dough, you HAVE to make these! They are egg free, so there are no worries about eating raw dough. It is a good thing I put a giant portion of these in the freezer right away, because they are really hard to stay away from! This recipe is very easy. You can follow this one, or if you have a favorite dough it is very easy to adapt. Just omit the eggs, add in some milk for moisture, and you are ready to go! Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Truffles anyone? They would be amazing too!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 pound chocolate for melting
- In an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar. Add vanilla. With mixer on low, slowly add in the flour, until completely incorporated. It will be very dry, that is ok. Beat in milk until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour. The dough should be very firm.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out dough and roll in hands to form balls. Place on lined baking tray. Refrigerate again for at least 30 minutes, or until you are ready to dip.
- Melt chocolate in microwave or using a double boiler. Dip dough into melted chocolate. Place on lined baking tray. Decorate with sprinkles, colored sugars, chocolate chips etc. Allow the chocolate to fully harden. Store in air tight container in the fridge.
Recipe from Recipe Girl