Biscoff Rice Krispie Treats – up your Rice Krispie Treat game by adding Biscoff spread! And then top with chocolate. Definitely a decadent no bake recipe!
Rice Krispie Treats have always been a favorite at our house. My husband doesn’t really like chocolate, so the classic krispie treats have been a staple for years. Sometimes they are fun to mix up the flavor though. Especially for someone who likes chocolate!
I have made versions with peanut butter before like these Peanut Butter Cup Krispie Treats. But this is even easier to make and is great for anyone with nut allergies.
What Is Biscoff Spread
If you haven’t ever tried it, it sounds really strange. So it is a basic question that should be answered. It is the consistency of peanut butter that is made from speculoos cookies. Speculoos cookies are a European spiced shortbread cookie.
They almost have a little gingerbread flavor with a hint of caramel. It is down right addicting! If you have seen the Biscoff cookies in the grocery store, or had them on an airplane, is basically a spread made from them. At Trader Joe’s they have a version called cookie butter tha is basically the same thing.
What You’ll Need
- Biscoff Spread
- Rice Krispie Cereal
How To Make Biscoff Rice Krispie Treats
- Combine the marshmallow and butter together in a large bowl or pot. And then heat to melt them. I like to use a microwave safe bowl and heat for 60 seconds until they are puffed up, but not completely melted.
- Add the biscoff spread and heat for an additional 20 seconds. Then you should be able to stir until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Add in the cereal and mix until everything is evenly coated. Spread into an 8 inch square baking dish. You can use non-stick spray on a spatula to press it into place.
- Then in a bowl add chocolate chips is biscoff spread. Heat in the microwave for 60 seconds. Remove and stir until chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour over the krispie treats and allow it to set before slicing to serve. You can store them in the fridge to speed the setting process up if desired.
You can store these covered at room temperature for up to 5 days. Just like traditional rice krispie treats they last for awhile, but do tend to get a little softer the longer they sit.
You do not need to store them in the fridge, the chocolate should stay set unless it is the middle of summer and your house is quite warm.
More No Bake Dessert Recipes
- Monster Cookie Bars
- Avalanche Cookies
- No Bake Cookies
- Jello Pie
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Mint Chocolate Chip Pie
- Kool-Aid Pie
- Oreo Cream Squares
- 2 Tbls butter
- 1/2 (10 oz) bag of large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup Biscoff spread
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup Biscoff spread
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Line an 8x8 in baking dish with foil, and spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large microwave safe bowl melt butter and marshmallows together (heat for 45 seconds at a time, stirring in between). Once mostly melted, add Biscoff spread. Heat for 30 seconds, and stir until smooth.
- Add Rice Krispies, and stir to evenly coat. Press firmly into the prepared pan.
- To prepare the topping microwave chocolate chips and biscoff spread for 1 minute, stir and repeat in 30 second intervals until smooth.
- Pour over Rice Krispies.
- Let the chocolate completely set up, before cutting into squares.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 5 days
Serving Size16 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 177Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 4mgSodium 78mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 1gSugar 10gProtein 1g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!