Today is our last day in Wisconsin. Our flight leaves tomorrow at 5:45 am. It is going to be an early morning, and a very long day! We have had a great week here though. Spending time with family, seeing friends from when we lived in Iowa, and getting to meet a few ladies from a fitness group I have been a part of for over a year. I am ready to get back home, sleep in my bed, and see my husband though! Ten more days, and school starts in Colorado too. Man, did summer just fly by!
In case you haven’t noticed, this summer I have been all about the no bake dessert. I think I only shared 1 cookie recipe and that was way back at the beginning of June. Since then all of the recipes have been no bake, grilling, drinks, or something else that doesn’t involved the oven. It has been so nice to not heat up my house every day. I think my husband is shocked that I have avoided baking as long as I have. I must say, I am kind of going through withdrawal, and really want to make some brownies! Hopefully the weather will start to cool down, and I can do that soon. Because 90+ outside means the oven does not go on inside!
So these Oreo cream squares are so easy to make. Just a few minutes of work, and you have one impressive dessert. My husband took this one to work, and it was gone in a day. Considering how few people he is working with right now, that is darn impressive. The squares start with an Oreo crust, are then topped with a sweetened cream cheese mixture. Cookies n’ Cream pudding is then mixed up and spread over the top as well as a layer of homemade whipped cream. The original recipe for this no bake dessert called for a layer of chocolate pudding. I am sure that would be wonderful as well, but I wanted to up the Oreo factor, so I modified it. You can use whatever your favorite pudding is, and trust me, it will still be creamy and delicious!
- 1 package original Oreo's, , crushed
- 5 Tbls butter, , melted
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 container Cool Whip, (or 1 to 1 1/2 cups homemade whipped cream)
- 1 (6 oz) Cookies n' Cream pudding mix
- 2 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Spray a 13x9 inch baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside. Take 1/4 cup of crushed Oreo's and set aside for the topping.
- In a bowl mix together the melted butter and Oreo's. Press firmly into the prepared baking dish. Place in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- In an electric mixer beat cream cheese and powdered sugar together until fluffy. Fold in the Cool Whip (or whipped cream). Spread over the crust. Place back in freezer.
- In a bowl combine pudding mix with 2 1/4 cups of milk. Whisk until smooth. Pour over cream cheese mixture. Place in fridge to set for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, beat heavy cream until soft peaks. Add 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and vanilla, mix until stuff peaks. Spread over the pudding mixture. Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
- Store any leftovers, covered in the fridge.
Adapted from Food.com
Amount Per Serving Calories 299Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 60mgSodium 273mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 0gSugar 22gProtein 3g