This Oreo Lasagna recipe is as easy as dessert gets. It is rich, decadent, loaded with chocolate flavor, and perfect for parties.
Oreos are one of my guilty pleasures. But then again, aren’t Oreos everyone’s guilty pleasure? But what if I told you there was a way to make Oreos even better? That’s exactly what this no bake Oreo Lasagna recipe is. It’s everything you love about Oreos but taken to the next level with cream cheese, Cool Whip, and chocolate pudding. How good does that sound?
These decadent Oreo bars are bursting with chocolate flavor, and they’re also super creamy. It’s a rich and indulgent recipe, but also tastes like something you would have eaten at a birthday party when you were a kid. And best of all? You don’t even need to use the oven to make this easy, cake-like dessert dish. It’s everything I want when I make dessert, and you’ve got to try making it the next time you’re craving Oreos.
Why You’ll Love This Oreo Lasagna Recipe
I really enjoy making, serving, and eating these bars. And I’m confident that you will too. Here’s why you’ll be a big fan of this recipe.
- So easy to make. How many desserts only take 30 minutes to make, and don’t require an oven? Not very many. This recipe really couldn’t be any easier. All you really have to do is assemble the layers and let it chill.
- Kids love it. This is the ultimate dessert to serve kids. It’s loaded with Oreos, Cool Whip, and chocolate pudding … what’s not to love? Not only do kids love eating this decadent chocolatey dessert, but they love making it, too!
- Cheap. A lot of desserts are pretty expensive, but not this one. The ingredients are simple household items, and they’re all affordable. If you want a dessert that offers a lot of bang for your buck, then this is the one for you.
- Great for parties. I love to make this recipe for parties because it’s so easy to double or triple it. It really doesn’t require any extra work to make this recipe bigger, so you can easily serve it to dozens of people at a large party. Whether it’s a kid’s birthday party, a holiday potluck, or a Super Bowl party, this is the perfect dessert to make for a large group of people.
Here’s everything you need to make this scrumptious and creamy Oreo dessert. Scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of the page to see the exact amounts of each ingredient.
- Oreos – The Oreos will need to be crushed.
- Butter – Make sure to use unsalted butter.
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Cool Whip
- Instant chocolate pudding mix
- Milk – I like to use whole milk for this recipe.
How to Make Oreo Lasagna
Here’s how to make these 30-minute cookie bars. They’re so easy!
- Prep. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Make the crust. Mix melted butter and Oreos together in a bowl, then press firmly into the bottom of the greased baking dish.
- Freeze. Place the baking dish with the crust in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Make the pudding. While the crust is cooling, add the pudding mix and milk to a bowl, then whisk until smooth.
- Chill. Put the pudding in the fridge for at least 20 minutes to let it set up.
- Mix the cream cheese. Put the cream cheese and powdered sugar in a bowl, and beat until fluffy.
- Add the Cool Whip. Add Cool Whip to the cream cheese mixture and fold it in.
- Assemble the first layer. Take the crust out of the freezer and spread the cream cheese mixture over it.
- Add the pudding. Remove the pudding from the fridge and spread it over the top of the cream cheese.
- Top with Cool Whip. Add the rest of the Cool Whip on top of the chocolate pudding.
- Finish. Sprinkle the remaining Oreo crumbs over the top of the dessert.
- Chill. Cover with plastic wrap and let the no bake Oreo lasagna sit in the fridge for at least 4 hours or in the freezer for at least 90 minutes.
Tips and Tricks
Here are a few tricks that you might want to use when you make this creamy chocolate dessert.
- Use a rolling pin. The best way to crush Oreos is to put them in an airtight bag and run a rolling pin over them. If you don’t have a rolling pin, you can hit the bag with the back of a frying pan.
- Make it ahead of time. One of the great things about this dessert is that you can make it in advance. It needs to chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours, but it’s just as good (if not better!) if it chills even longer. So if you’re making this no bake dessert for a party or an event, you can make it well in advance. Then all you need to do is cut it up and serve it!
- Fold carefully. When you add the Cool Whip to the cream cheese mixture, make sure to fold it in carefully. You don’t want to vigorously mix in the Cool Whip, or it will deflate, and the texture will become dense. The more carefully you fold it in, the lighter and fluffier the dessert will be.
What to Serve It With
Even though this is a perfect dessert to serve to kids, I’ll let you in on a little secret. My favorite way to eat it is with a delicious cocktail! Here are a few alcoholic beverages that I love to pair with this sweet treat.
- Baileys White Russian
- Hot Buttered Rum
- Jamaican Rum Punch
- Spiked Hot Apple Cider
- Kahlua Hot Chocolate
How to Store Leftovers
This is an easy recipe to store. All you have to do is cover it in plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container, and it will last in the fridge for at least 5 days.
Can This Recipe Be Frozen?
You can definitely freeze these no bake Oreo lasagna! The texture won’t be quite as good after it’s been frozen and thawed, but it will still be fantastic. Just place the dessert in an airtight container and it will last in the freezer for 3 months.
More Easy Oreo Desserts
In case it wasn’t clear, I love Oreos. And I love making all kinds of fun treats out of them. Here are some of my other favorite recipes that have Oreos in them. They’re all easy to make, and so delicious.
- Oreo Pudding Cookies
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Oreo Brownies
- Nutella Oreo Truffles
- Mini Oreo Cheesecake Bites
- Oreo Muffins
For the Oreo Crust:
- 16 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
For the First Layer:
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Cool Whip
For the Second Layer:
- 1 (3.9 oz) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
For the Third Layer:
- 8 ounces Cool Whip (minus 1 cup)
For the Topping:
- 8 Oreo cookies, crushed
- Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the melted butter and Oreos. Press the mixture firmly into the prepared baking dish. Cover and place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the pudding mix with the milk. Whisk until smooth, then cover. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes to set up.
- Add the cream cheese and powdered sugar to a bowl and beat together until fluffy. Fold in the 1 cup of Cool Whip. Spread over the frozen crust.
- Top with the chocolate pudding mixture.
- Spread the remaining container of Cool Whip over the top. Sprinkle with crushed cookie crumbs.
- Cover and let set in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or in the freezer for 90 minutes before slicing to serve.
- Adapted from Food.com
- Store leftovers in the fridge for 5 days or in the freezer for 3 months.
Amount Per Serving Calories 365Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 27mgSodium 249mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 1gSugar 26gProtein 4g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!