Oreo Muffins – Tender muffins with a Oreo Cookies n’ Cream Streusel
My son loves muffins, if I haven’t mentioned it before. I think I have 5 different kinds in the freezer right now. I make a batch, we eat them for breakfast, and they immediately go in the freezer. Works great! Then when he wants muffins again another day, he gets to pick what kind he wants. I take one out, microwave it for 30 seconds, and he get a warm muffin for breakfast!
I saw this recipe on Knead for Speed, and knew I just had to make it. So when I had Oreo’s left from making Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies, I knew exactly how to use them up. Because eating them straight out of the bag by the handful seemed like a bad idea. As much as I wanted to, I had to resist!
Want more muffins? Check out the 50 Muffins that have been shared here before, all in one place.
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, , softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 12 Oreos, , coarsely crushed
- 2 Tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter, , diced
- 6 Oreos, , finely crushed
- Preheat oven to 385 degrees F. Grease or line muffin tin with liners.
- Prepare streusel first. Stir together flour, sugar, and finely crushed Oreos in a small bowl. Cut in butter until consistency becomes like coarse meal. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Whisk together flour and baking powder in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring between additions. Add vanilla. Add flour all at once. Mix on low speed for a few seconds, then add milk and continue mixing just until incorporated. Fold in crushed oreos.
- Divide batter between 10-12 muffin tins, filling each 3/4 full. Evenly sprinkle Oreo streusel atop batter.
- Bake 16-18 minutes, or until done.
Adapted from Knead for Speed
Amount Per ServingCalories 335 Total Fat 14g Saturated Fat 7g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 57mg Sodium 272mg Carbohydrates 49g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 26g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 4g