Oreo Muffins – tender muffins filled with Oreo cookies and then topped with an Oreo streusel topping. The ultimate dessert for breakfast combination!
Let’s face it, muffins really are just a cupcake without the frosting. I mean, there are healthy ones out there like this Chocolate Oatmeal Blender Muffins, that really are pretty good for you. But your average muffin is an excuse to eat cake for breakfast.
And these Oreo muffins are exactly that! They are a traditional muffin base loaded with crushed Oreo cookies and then you make a streusel topping out of Oreo crumbs.
I first posted this recipe on the blog back in 2011, it was one of the first recipes that I posted. It is definitely one of my son’s favorite muffins, but not one that gets made often. These are 100% a treat, and I am not trying to pass them off as anything but.
And if you find yourself with Oreo’s on hand, I have a few great uses for them! This No Bake Oreo Cheesecake is a great easy dessert. And these Oreo Stuffed Cookies are an over the top treat that everyone will go crazy for.
What You’ll Need
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Vanilla Extract
- Oreo Cookies
How To Make Oreo Muffins
- I like the make the streusel topping first, so it is ready to go when the muffin batter is ready. All you have to do is add Oreo cookie crumbs, flour and sugar into a bowl. Using your hands or a fork cut in the small pieces of butter. Mix it together until it is like a coarse sand mixture. Place it in the fridge, so the butter stays cold while you make the muffins.
- In a mixer cream together butter and sugar until it is fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs in one at a time, beating after each addition until it is fully incorporated. Then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Mix in the flour and baking powder until it just started to come together.
- Add the milk and mix until it is fully incorporated.
- Fold in the crushed Oreos. The batter will be thick.
- Divide the batter into 15 muffin ups that are either lined with a paper liner or sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping over the top and bake for about 18 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Muffins are great store in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. You can also freeze them. Just let them cool and place in an air tight container in the freezer for up to 4 months. To thaw, just remove and let sit on the counter or you can microwave for 30-40 seconds per muffin.
Yes, this batter is thick, don’t worry. Do not keep adding milk to thin it out, they will bake up just fine with the thick batter.
There are a million types of Oreo’s out there. I think these are best with the traditional Oreo cookies, but you can use regular or double stuffed, both work well.
More Muffin Recipes To Try
There are over 50 Muffin Recipes on the site, but here are a few of our all time favorites.
- Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Banana Nut Muffins
- Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Strawberry Muffins
- Pancake Muffins
- Cinnamon Roll Muffins
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Double Chocolate Cheesecake Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 whole large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 12 Oreos, coarsely crushed
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter, diced
- 6 Oreos, crushed into crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Grease or line muffin tin with liners.
- Prepare streusel first. Stir together flour, sugar, and finely crushed Oreos in a small bowl. Cut in butter until consistency becomes like coarse meal. Refrigerate while you make the muffin batter.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, stirring between additions until fully incorporated. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Mix in flour and baking powder until mostly combined. Add milk until everything is just incorporated. Batter will be thick.
- Fold in crushed Oreos.
- Divide batter between 15 muffin cups. Evenly sprinkle Oreo streusel over the muffins.
- Bake 16-18 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cook for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving Calories 268Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 45mgSodium 218mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 1gSugar 21gProtein 3g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!