Strawberry Muffins – a quick and easy muffin recipe with lots of fresh juicy strawberries. Slightly sweet, tender and absolutely delicious. Great to freeze and have on hand for busy mornings!
This post is sponsored by Ibotta. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
We all know that I am a huge fan of muffins by now. There are over 50 Muffin Recipes on the site, and I always have at least one type stashed in my freezer. My son’s favorite is Chocolate Chip Muffins, so more often than not those are waiting for him to take out and have on busy mornings.
As soon as you can find fresh strawberries in the stores, I start to pick up an extra package or two so I can make all the strawberry treats! Strawberry Shortcake is a requirement at our house, it is one dessert that we can all agree on and look forward to every year.
I have talked about Ibotta with you guys before. Just recently I shared about their Here to Help Campaign on Instagram. It is my absolute favorite way to save money and actually earn cash back when shopping for groceries. I hate clipping coupons, it is just not going to happen. But Ibotta makes it easy, I just scan the receipt, answer the questions and I get money back. So simple, and it works at so many stores; including Walmart, Target, Costco, Kroger, Albertson’s and even Amazon. So pretty much everywhere I shop. I started using Ibotta probably 4 years ago after a friend introduced me to it, and I have not looked back since.
How to Make Strawberry Muffins
- Combine all of the wet ingredients in a bowl. This is your vegetable oil, milk, egg, vanilla and both sugars. Mix these until smooth and blended.
- Whisk together all of the dry ingredients. The flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon get whisked together until it is well combined.
- Add the chopped strawberries to the flour mixture and mix to make sure they are coated in flour. This will make sure they don’t sink to the bottom as they bake.
- Gently mix everything together until just combined.
- Divide equally into a muffin and bake until a tester comes out clean.
- It is best to let them cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before removing.
How to Freeze Muffins
Muffins of almost any kind freeze really well. You just need to let them cool completely, and then place in an air tight container or freezer storage bag and put in the freezer. They will last for 2-3 months.
To thaw muffins you can remove and microwave for about 30 seconds per muffin or let them sit on the counter for a couple of hours until they have thawed.
Tips for Homemade Muffins
- This is an easy homemade muffin recipe that you can really mix up to it your own. The base is slightly sweet and very good on its own. You can mix in other berries, add mini chocolate chips to this recipe, use cinnamon chips or white chocolate chips…so many options to make this base recipe into something else.
- When making muffins be very careful not to over mix the batter. You want to stop mixing once the flour is just incorporated into the batter or your muffins will be tough and not nearly as tender.
- Muffins are great to freeze, we always have them in the freezer for quick breakfasts or treats in lunch boxes.
- To fill muffin tins, use an ice cream scoop. This way they will be even and you won’t have dribbles of batter all over your muffin tray.
In the summer strawberries are everywhere. When we lived in the Midwest we would go pick pounds and pounds of them and bake and cook for days! They just scream summer! So if you are entertaining, or just want to enjoy summer these muffins should be added to your list to make.
If you don’t use the Ibotta App yet, now is the time! You can easily go sign up and start earning cash back on groceries and online shopping right away. Trust me, it is so easy to use you will be kicking yourself that you waited until now to start!
More Great Muffin Recipes to Try
- Chocolate Oatmeal Blender Muffins
- Nutella Muffins
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Zucchini Muffins
- Lemon Raspberry Muffins
- Skinny Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Double Chocolate Cheesecake Muffins
- Pancake Muffins
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with 10 liners or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a bowl combine vegetable oil, egg, both sugars and vanilla extract. Mix until well blended and smooth.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon until combined.
- Add strawberries to the flour mixture tossing to coat.
- Add oil mixture to the flour and stir until just combined.
- Fill muffin cups about 2/3rd full and bake for 16-18 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
Amount Per Serving Calories 205Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 20mgSodium 229mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 1gSugar 15gProtein 3g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!