Skinny Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins – a lightened up (but you would never know it) banana muffin with chocolate chips. They freeze well, so you can always have them on hand for quick breakfasts.
Spring is officially here! Is the weather spring like where you are? We had a really mild winter, aside from a few weeks, that I really can’t complain. Most of January was in the 50’s. When the weather did decide to return to close to normal, it was hard to deal with! Snow, in February, how dare you! Amazing how we get so used to, and spoiled by a good thing, we only complain and see the negative when things return to normal. Well, now that April is only 2 days awhile, hopefully things will stay nice from now on!
It has been awhile since I have shared a new muffin recipe around here. If there are 3 things you know about me it is 1. I love muffins. 2. I can never turn down a brownie. And 3. I am all about easy dinners. So it seems like it is only right to live up to my reputation and produce more muffins! I am pretty sure there are close to 30 muffin recipes already on the blog, but when it comes to muffins there can never be too many. I love to have them in my freezer for super fast breakfasts in the morning. My son can get out 2 muffins, pop them in the microwave, grab some fruit and he is eating in 1 minute. And, I didn’t have to do anything!
These skinny banana chocolate chip muffins are skinny because they use Greek yogurt and some agave in place of the sugar. Feel free to use honey if you do not have agave, it will work just as well. Also, these muffins are 100% whole wheat due to the white whole wheat flour. Still super tender and moist, just a little bit better for you. I like to use mini chocolate chips, because the chocolate gets in every bite that way. This is the perfect use for those over ripe ones sitting on your counter!
Want more muffins? Check out the 50 Muffins that have been shared here before, all in one place.
Brown Sugar Muffins by Taste and Tell
Chocolate Oatmeal Banana Blender Muffins
Peach Cobbler Muffins
Chocolate Banana Muffins by Love from the Oven
- 3 medium sized bananas , mashed
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Agave
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with liners, or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl combine bananas, Greek yogurt, egg, agave and brown sugar until well blended.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture, and stir until just combined.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, until a tester comes out clean.
Want more Muffin Recipes?