These Pumpkin Banana Muffins are super tender, moist, and so full of flavor! They will quickly become a must every fall.
This post is sponsored by Imperial Sugar. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
Click HERE to get the FULL RECIPE
We all know that muffins are one of my favorite things. There are probably more Muffin Recipes on this site that anyone needs to make in a lifetime. But they are just so fun and easy and a great treat! Plus they always freeze so well, so you don’t feel bad making them often. These combine two of my favorites Pumpkin Muffins and Banana Muffins. The one thing I did leave out is chocolate chips, but you can most definitely add them in. I know I do very often.
Why You’ll Love These Pumpkin Banana Muffins
- Easy – This uses everyday ingredients that you probably have on hand already. You just mix the wet and the dry, combine and bake. Muffins are super easy to throw together and have ready in no time.
- Flavorful – the cinnamon and pumpkin spice add lots of flavor, plus you have pumpkin and the hint of banana. There is a lot going on in each bite.
- Moist & Tender – between the pumpkin and the bananas these muffins are super tender and not even close to dry. So if you have struggled with muffins in the past, these should boost your confidence.
- Add-Ins – you really can make these muffins your own by adding in nuts, chocolate chips or dried fruit. Whatever you heart desires, they are a blank canvas for you to get creative.
What You’ll Need
Click HERE to get the FULL recipe.
- Pumpkin Puree – just make sure not to use pumpkin pie filling that has added sugar and spices
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – don’t worry if you don’t have any. Make Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice in about 2 minutes, with spices you probably already have on hand.
How To Make Pumpkin Banana Muffins
- Mix Wet Ingredients. In a large mixing bowl whisk together banana, pumpkin, melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs until well combined and smooth.
- Mix Dry Ingredients. In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice until everything is evenly blended.
- Combine. Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and mix until everything is just combined. You want to be careful not to overmix or your muffins can turn out tough.
- Fill & Bake. Fill a lined muffin tray and bake at 400º F for 5 minutes, reduce the temperature to 350º F and finish cooking for 12-14 more minutes.
- Cool. Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool for about 10 minutes in the pan before removing to a wire rack to let them cool completely.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- Notice the two different baking times in these muffins. This helps to get a higher dome on the muffins, but gives them a lighter and airy texture as well. The high heat activates the leavening agents faster, and they react quickly. Then you lower the temp to finish baking without actually burning them. It is a trick you can use with any muffin recipe that you have.
- Use paper liners. I find that when you are baking with pumpkin or banana a liner just works the best and makes them easier to remove from the pan.
- Get creative with mix-ins. Add in chocolate chips, walnuts, raisins etc. Whatever you like would be great in here.
- How big your muffins are is up to you. This recipe makes 12-16 muffins depending on how full you fill the cups. If you want a higher dome and bigger muffins fill them to the top and you will get 12 muffins. If you want standard muffins, fill 2/3rd full and you should get about 16 muffins.
You can store muffins in an airtight container for 3-4 days and room temperature. You do not need to refrigerate them.
Freezing. Muffins are one of the BEST things to freeze. Just store them in an airtight container for 3-4 months. You can take out 1 or 2 on a busy morning and microwave for about 40 seconds per muffin to thaw and you can have a warm muffin on a super busy morning.
More Fun Pumpkin Recipes
- Mini Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Pumpkin Waffles
- Pumpkin Crisp
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Bars
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake
I am sharing this recipe over at Imperial Sugar today. Click on Pumpkin Banana Muffins to get the FULL PRINTABLE recipe.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!