Pumpkin Dump Cake – a super easy, 6 ingredient cake that you can put together in minutes. Top with whipped cream and caramel for an amazing fall treat!
Fall is in the air! The nights are getting cold around here, like into the 40’s and I think I saw 39 the other day. But the days are still warm. The leaves are starting to change though, so you know it is coming. I love fall and all the colors and flavors that go with it. My son waits all year long for pumpkin to come back in season, it is his favorite! I think he would have Pumpkin Pie every week all year if I would make it for him. And Pumpkin Muffins are required to be in the freezer these days. So needless to say, he is happy with the seasons changing.
I made a Peanut Butter Cup Dump Cake a couple years ago that has proved to be very popular. And it is pretty obvious why. You just mix all of the ingredients together, dump it into a pan and bake. Just 1 bowl and spatula to wash. You really can’t get much easier when it comes to a cake. I have been thinking about making a Pumpkin Dump Cake for a long time, but I finally got around to it this year. I tried a couple different techniques before I finally found one that actually worked. Apparently I should have just looked online ahead of time, because this is not a new concept.
Pumpkin Dump Cake is perfect for fall. I like to use a spice cake mix for this recipe because it adds more flavor. Sometimes they can be hard to find though, so using a yellow cake mix and adding in a little bit of cinnamon works really well too. This recipe has the pumpkin mixture on the bottom of the pan, and then you sprinkle over the dry cake mix, pudding mix and melted butter. The cake mix and pudding settle into the pumpkin as it bakes and it comes out with these great layers. The bottom is almost like pumpkin pie. I topped with plenty of warm caramel sauce and whipped cream to make it an over the top amazing treat for fall!
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (15oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup butter, , melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together pumpkin, milk, and eggs until smooth. Pour into a 13x9 inch pan, sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Sprinkle cake mix evenly over the top. Repeat with the pudding mix.
- Drizzle melted butter over the cake mix. Gently press down any areas not covered in butter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Drizzle with caramel and top with whipped cream to serve.
If you can't find spice cake mix use yellow cake mix + 2 tsp cinnamon
Serving Size20 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 202Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 48mgSodium 338mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 1gSugar 16gProtein 3g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
More fall recipes you might like:
Want more Pumpkin:
- Easy Pumpkin Caramel Pull Apart Bread by Will Bake for Smiles
- Pumpkin Swirl Brownies by Self Proclaimed Foodie
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Snickerdoodles by The Recipe Critic
- Pumpkin Nutella Muffins by Inside BruCrew Life