Loaded with rich, chocolatey Nutella, these dessert wontons are crispy on the outside, warm and gooey on the inside, and so easy to make. They’re a perfect hand-held dessert that’s bursting with chocolate and hazelnuts.
Wontons are one of my favorite foods to eat for lunch and dinner. So why not find even more opportunities to eat them? That’s exactly what this recipe for dessert wontons is. Wonton wrappers are very similar to puff pastry or phyllo dough, so why not stuff them with sweets, too?
This easy homemade recipe is for wontons filled with Nutella, but you can easily make them with any other dessert filling. The result is a finger-food dessert with a crunchy, flaky crust and a steamy, luscious filling. And they’re as tasty as they sound.
Why You’ll Love These Air Fryer Wontons With Nutella
These sweet wontons are a go-to dessert in my house for many reasons. Here’s why I think you’ll love making this recipe.
- So easy. I love easy recipes, and that’s especially true with sweets. There’s nothing better than ending the day with an indulgent dessert that doesn’t require much work. These Nutella wontons only take about 10 minutes to make, and you only need 4 ingredients to make them.
- Mess-free. So many desserts leave your kitchen a mess, but not sweet wontons. You don’t need to dirty any pots, pans, or mixing bowls. All you need is a clean counter and an air fryer. Your kitchen will be as clean when you finish as when you started!
- Versatile. One thing I really love about this recipe is that it’s so easy to adjust. If you don’t want to make them with Nutella, you can easily make cream cheese wontons, peanut butter wontons, fresh fruit wontons, or any other sweet combination. The wontons are just a golden-brown, crispy vessel for your favorite sweet fillings.
- Great for parties. Chocolate-filled wontons are a hit with everyone, and they’re perfect for parties. Kids and adults love them, they’re finger food, and they’re still tasty even after they’ve cooled down. You can even set up a station at parties so people can fill their own dessert wontons!
You only need 4 ingredients to make these crispy and gooey dessert wontons. Make sure to check out the recipe card at the bottom of the page to see the exact amounts for each of the ingredients.
- Wonton wrappers
- Powdered sugar
- Olive oil spray – You can use any other type of cooking spray.
How to Make Dessert Wontons
This is such an easy recipe to make. It takes less than 15 minutes, and won’t leave your kitchen a mess. Here’s how to make wontons with Nutella.
- Fill. Put a wonton wrapper on the counter and put a tablespoon of Nutella in the middle.
- Fold. Moisten the edges of the wonton wrapper with water, then fold it over in a triangle, making sure the wrappers stick together.
- Repeat. Fill and fold the rest of the wonton wrappers.
- Spray. Cover both sides of the wontons with oil, then place them in an air fryer basket.
- Fry. Cook the Nutella wontons in the air fryer at 360F until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Flip them halfway through.
- Serve. Remove the dessert wontons from the air fryer and dust them with powdered sugar. Serve while hot.
Tips, Tricks, and Variations
Here are some tips to help you make the best dessert wontons, and some variations that you can try for this hot and crispy hand-held treat.
- Don’t crowd. Make sure that you don’t crowd the Nutella dumplings when they’re in the air fryer. You don’t want the wontons to be touching, or else they won’t get golden brown and crunchy. If you can’t fit all of them in the air fryer basket without crowding them, just cook them in batches.
- Make your own Nutella. If you really want to take this recipe to the next level, you can use Homemade Nutella. Nutella is surprisingly easy to make, and when you make it yourself it’s even better than the store-bought version.
- Try different toppings. Nutella is my favorite filling for dessert wontons, but you can add any sweet fillings that you want. These crispy sweet treats are delicious when filled with sweetened cream cheese, fresh fruit, peanut butter and chocolate chips, peanut butter and jelly, or pretty much any other sweet filling you can think of.
- Cook other ways. I prefer to make sweet wontons in an air fryer because it’s so quick, easy, and mess-free. But if you don’t have an air fryer then don’t worry! You can also make these in a 375F oven or fry them on the stove in oil until golden brown.
What to Serve With Nutella Wontons
I like to put a tasty topping on these crispy, chocolate wontons, like fresh berries, whipped cream, Easy Raspberry Sauce, or Hot Fudge Sauce. They’re also great served alongside Chocolate Ice Cream or Peppermint Hot Chocolate.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
These sweet wontons will last for 2 days in the fridge. To store them, place them in an airtight container with a paper towel between each layer to keep them from getting soggy. You can reheat them in a 350F air fryer for 3 minutes or a 350F oven for 6 minutes. They’re also delicious cold!
Can I Freeze These Dessert Wontons?
Sure! If you place these crispy Nutella treats in an airtight container they’ll last in the freezer for up to 4 months. You can reheat them directly from the freezer, though you’ll need to add a few minutes of reheating time.
More Easy Nutella Desserts
Nutella is one of the best food inventions ever. Chocolate and hazelnuts together in a rich and smooth spread? Perfection! Here are a few more easy Nutella desserts for you to make when you’re craving chocolate and nuts.
- 6 wonton wrappers
- 6 Tablespoons Nutella
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
- Olive oil spray (or any other baking spray)
- Place a wonton wrapper on the counter, and put a tablespoon of Nutella in the middle of it.
- Moisten the edges of the wonton wrapper, then fold it over into a triangle to seal. Repeat with the rest of the wrappers.
- Spray both sides of the wontons with the baking spray and place in an air fryer basket. Do not crowd.
- Cook in the air fryer at 360F until golden brown and crisp, about 6 minutes. Flip the wontons halfway through.
- Remove from the air fryer, dust with powdered sugar, and serve hot.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container with a paper towel between layers for up to 2 days, or in the freezer for 4 months.
- Reheat in a 350F air fryer for 3 minutes, or in a 350F oven for 6 minutes.
- To take your dessert wontons to the next level, use Homemade Nutella.
- You can replace the Nutella with any sweet fillings.
Amount Per Serving Calories 125Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 1mgSodium 52mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 1gSugar 9gProtein 2g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!