Chocolate Peanut Butter Cream Pie – A no bake peanut butter pie that is creamy and perfect for just about any occasion. It is topped with whipped cream and peanut butter cups for the ultimate dessert.
Peanut Butter Cream Pie has long been a favorite of my husband. If we go out to a restaurant that has this kind of pie, it is the one he orders. It is about the only time in his life that having chocolate is acceptable. This is one of the absolute first recipes that I shared when I started blogging. It has been a staple in our house since we first got married. Similar to like Pokey Sticks, it is just one of those recipes that is on repeat and won’t stop! This peanut butter pie starts with a graham cracker crust. There is just something about a homemade graham cracker crust that gets me, so I always make my own. The hardest part is crushing the graham crackers! But if you wanted to go truly no bake, and use store bought, then go for it! As you can see, I have also made this easy peanut butter pie with an Oreo crust for the true chocolate lovers out there! The chocolate in this pie comes from a little bit of hot fudge that gets spread on the graham cracker crust. I skip this step when I use an Oreo crust. It is a rich and creamy dessert that is great for the summer. Bring it to your next get together, and I promise you will not have leftovers, and people will be begging you for the recipe!
How to Make No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- You can easily buy a store bought crust, but it is really easy to make your own. All you do is mix the graham cracker crumbs, with a little sugar and melted butter. Then press into your pie plate. You can freeze the crust, but I do like to bake it so it gets crispy and really stands up to the pie.
- Use your favorite hot fudge or chocolate sauce to spread over the crust. This gives you the chocolate to go with the creamy peanut butter filling.
- To make the peanut butter pie part, you use vanilla pudding mix, milk, peanut butter and cool whip. The whipped topping gets folded in, so it is almost like a thick and creamy mousse.
- Peanut butter cups need to make an appearance in a peanut butter dessert, so I fold in some of the mini peanut butter cups that are cut in half into the filling.
- It is all topped off with fresh homemade whipped cream that brings it all together.
- To decorate I like to just put a little bit of the whipped cream into a zip top bag and pip onto the edge of the pie. Then I use some of the peanut butter cups to help decorate.
- You do need to let the pie sit in the fridge for a couple hours or it will be a huge mess when you go to cut it.
This peanut butter pie recipe is super easy to make and it always disappears. It is requested for birthdays, holidays, at parties, and even just because by almost everyone who tries it. I love that it is no bake and I can make it ahead of time! You could even freezer this pie to make it easier to serve and super thick and creamy. If you have family or friends who love peanut butter, this is the dessert for them! And don’t miss all the other Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Desserts you could make as well.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1/2 cup hot fudge
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cup cold milk
- 2 packages vanilla flavor instant pudding
- 1/2 tub Cool Whip, , thawed (or 1 to 1 1/2 cups of homemade whipped cream)
- 1/2 cup mini reese's peanut butter cups, , chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 Tbls powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, , melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare the pie crust - Mix sugar with crushed crackers. Stir in melted butter. Pour into pie plate. Press firmly against sides and bottom. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool completely.
- To make the Pie:
- Spoon the hot fudge into the bottom of the crust, spread in an even layer. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Beat peanut butter and milk with whisk until well blended. Add the pudding mixes. Beat for 2 minutes, the mixture will be thick.
- Gently stir in the cool whip, and the peanut butter cups. Spoon over the chocolate layer. Put in the fridge to set.
- Meanwhile, mix (using whisk attachment) the heavy cream at medium speed until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar and vanilla, and continue whisking until stiff peaks. Gently spread over the peanut butter layer.
- Garnish with additional peanut butter cups if desired.
- Let set in the fridge for 3 hours before serving.
Substitutions - Use Oreo's instead of Graham Crackers for your crust.
**Can use a store bought crust in place of homemade
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per ServingCalories 570 Total Fat 28g Saturated Fat 13g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 13g Cholesterol 47mg Sodium 324mg Carbohydrates 75g Fiber 2g Sugar 56g Protein 8g