No Bake Mint Chocolate Chip Pie – a creamy mint pie with chocolate chips, topped with Andes mints, all in an Oreo crust! Such an easy no bake recipe for those hot days.
I love no bake desserts, and I love anything with mint and chocolate together. Grasshopper Pie is our traditional Christmas dessert and everyone in the family loves it. But I want to have mint and chocolate more than just during the holidays.
And no bake pies are so great for any occasion. I mean, who wouldn’t go crazy for a no bake peanut butter pie?! But this one is all cool and creamy mint with chocolate chips and Andes mints on top.
It can be the middle of summer or the middle of winter, but I always like mint and chocolate together. It is just cool and refreshingly delicious. This pie starts off with a cream cheese base that you fold whipped cream into. You can use homemade whipped cream or you can use the frozen whipped topping. Both work very well!
What You’ll Need
- Oreo Cookies
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
- Peppermint Extract
- Green Food Coloring (optional)
- Whipped topping
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Andes Mint Candy
How to Make Mint Chocolate Chip Pie
- Oreo cookie crumbs and butter get mixed together and pressed into the bottom of a pie plate. You don’t need to bake this, just set it in the freezer until you are ready to use. You can blend your own Oreos into crumbs, buy the already processed crumbs, or you can even use a pre-made Oreo crust if you want.
- Using a mixer you want to blend the cream cheese and sugar together until it is nice and creamy and smooth.
- Then you add in your food coloring. The liquid drops or the gel work, just add it and mix to get the desired green that you want!
- Fold in the whipped cream until everything is just combined and light and fluffy.
- Finally mix in the chocolate chips until they are just distributed and pour your filling into the pie crust.
- Sprinkle with your chopped Andes mints and then let the pie sit in the fridge until it has firmed up and you can slice it.
No bake pies are really nice to make for parties and events because you can make them ahead of time. They set up in the fridge and are just better if they have been sitting for a day. So make this the morning of or the day before, and everyone will love it.
Can I Used Whipped Cream Instead Of Cool Whip
Yes, absolutely. If you want to make homemade whipped cream, it works great. You will need about 1 cup of heavy cream, 1/4 cup powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract that you beat to stiff peaks. Then just fold in gently, in place of the cool whip called for in the recipe.
A pie with an oreo cookie crust just gets me every time. I am not one for store bought cookies, but Oreo’s are seriously one of my weaknesses! So this No Bake Oreo Cheesecake is another favorite for sure.
Don’t worry if you don’t have Andes mints, you can easily just use more chocolate chips. No one is going to complain about chocolate chips! So easy, you can make this pie today. Trust me, your family will be so excited if you bring this out after dinner tonight. No bake pies are the best! This chocolate pudding pie is also a must!
More Dessert Recipes to Try
- No Bake Avalanche Cookies
- Andes Mint Cookies
- Oreo Poke Cake
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Strawberry Jello Pie
- No Bake Kool-Aid Pie
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- 24 Oreo cookies, (2 rows)
- 5 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6-8 drops green food coloring, (optional)
- 1 (8 oz) container Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped Andes mint candy
- In a blender or food processor, blend Oreo's to crumbs. Mix melted butter with crumbs. Pour into a 9 inch pie plate, and press to form a crust. Freeze until ready to use.
- Mix together cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in peppermint extract and food coloring. Mix until the color is well blended.
- Fold in container of whipped cream. Add chocolate chips.
- Pour filling into prepared crust. Sprinkle with chopped candy.
- Place in fridge until ready to serve.
Homemade Whipped Cream option Whisk 1 cup of heavy cream until soft peaks. Add 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extra. Whisk until stiff peaks. Use in place of the container of Cool Whip.
Amount Per Serving Calories 515Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 29mgSodium 228mgCarbohydrates 67gFiber 3gSugar 52gProtein 4g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!