Jerk Chicken with Pineapple Salsa – a spicy and sweet grilled chicken recipe that comes together quickly. You will be craving the Tall, Dark & Delicious ice cream cake to cool down for dessert.
This post is sponsored by Cold Stone Creamery
I can’t believe that Father’s Day is this weekend already. Do you have plans for Dad? My own Dad has pretty much everything he needs, so getting him a present is next to impossible. He loves wine, so getting him a bottle of wine is pretty much the only solution I can think of. It kind of feels like the lazy thing to do, but at this point in his life it is what he asks for. As for my husband….that is a different story. We have been so busy lately, I am not sure what we should do. Is it bad that we are days away, and I don’t have a present either? I do know what he is getting for dessert though! This Tall, Dark, & Delicious ice cream cake from Cold Stone Creamery.
Remember that Grilled Pineapple Salsa I made the other week? Yeah, that is what is on top of this chicken. Jerk chicken is full of tons of flavor, and the pineapple salsa calms the heat a little. Plus the sweet and spicy together is perfect. Great to throw on the grill and make for Dad this weekend. Normally Jerk Chicken recipes call for marinating for hours and hours, but this one is done in only one hour. So much flavor for such a short time. To cool down after the spicy grilled chicken, ice cream cake is in order!
Just for Father’s Day Cold Stone Creamery is selling their Tall, Dark & Delicious cake. Layers of moist Devil’s Food Cake, Sweet Cream Ice Cream with Brownies & Chocolate Ice Cream with OREO® Cookies wrapped in fluffy White Frosting and cascading Fudge Ganache. Talk about a cake that Dad would love. I think it is big enough that he will probably be willing to share with the rest of the family too. The cake is in stores until June 19th, so run now and pick one up! You can order your cake ahead of time at http://coldstonecakes.com. So fire up the grill this weekend and make Jerk Chicken with Pineapple Salsa for dinner and cool down with a Tall, Dark & Delicious ice cream cake for dessert. Definitely something the whole family is going to be happy about!
- 1 bunch green onions roughly chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 lime , juiced
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 2 Tbls brown sugar
- 1 Tbls soy sauce
- 1 Tbls fresh ginger , roughly chopped
- 1 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic , crushed
- 2 bay leaves , crumbled
- 1 small habanero pepper , chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- In a blender or food processor, add all of the ingredients, except the chicken. Process until smooth. Pour into a zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken, seal, and massage to make sure chicken is well coated. Place in fridge for 1 hour.
- Heat grill to medium high heat.
- Pace chicken on the grill (discard the marinade), and grill for 5-7 minutes per side or until done. Remove from the grill and serve with Pineapple Salsa
Recipe Adapted from Cooking Light
**This post is sponsored by Cold Stone Creamery. I was compensated for my time to write this post. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.