Monster Cookie No Bake Bars – all the flavors of classic monster cookies in a super easy no bake bar recipe. No heating up the oven to make these!
My son and I just spent 11 days with family in Wisconsin. We were busy pretty much every minute of every day. My son golfed with my dad a few times and took trips to the driving range. We spent the day boating and tubing with my in-laws. My sister in-law was there as well with her girls, so there was lots of cousin time and adventures.
My cousin got married, and my son got to go to the first wedding that he can really remember. He had so much fun and wishes he could go to wedding receptions way more often. Between the dancing, the kiddy cocktails, and staying up WAY past his bedtime, he thinks they are the best thing ever! Now we are home, and it is back to reality.
It was so hot and humid when we were in Wisconsin. Then we come home to Colorado, and it is even hotter; just without the humidity. No bake desserts are definitely in order. And today on the menu are Monster Cookie No Bake Bars. These bars have all the flavors of your favorite monster cookies, but in a no bake bar form! So yummy! I like to store them in the fridge, so they are extra cold when you serve them. But if you like them creamier, you can leave them on the counter.
This Monster Cookie No Bake Bars recipe comes from the new No-Bake Treats: Incredible Unbaked Cheesecakes, Icebox Cakes, Pies and More book by Julianne Bayer from the blog Beyond Frosting. If you like no bake desserts at all, you have to get this book. It has everything from cheesecakes to dips to bars like this one, and way more. I had a really hard time deciding what to make first, and my son has marked about 25 recipes I need to make immediately. So we are not even close to done with this book! Every recipe has a gorgeous picture to go along with it as well.
I had a friend over a few weeks ago when I was trying to get a bunch of recipes done in one day. My friend does not cook. She can reheat like no other, but cooking just isn’t her thing. While I was working on Blueberry Margaritas and Black Cherry Limeade, I had her work on these no bake bars. She was a little nervous, but did awesome. So even if you don’t cook or bake, you can make these; trust me!! Next up tackling Monster Cookie Cookie Dough Cupcakes.
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup mini M&M's
- 1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tbls heavy cream
- 1/4 cup mini M&M's
- Line a 9 inch baking dish with foil or parchment paper.
- Combine butter, sugar, and brown sugar together in a large bowl. Mix at medium speed until combined. Add peanut butter and mix until well blended. Stir in flour and vanilla; mixing until just incorporated. Slowly add oats, 1 cup at a time. Fold in M&M's. Press into prepared pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt together chocolate and heavy cream, in 30 second increments. Once smooth, pour over cookie dough mixture. Sprinkle with remaining M&M's.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours, or until chocolate is completely set up before serving.
Recipe slightly adapted from No Bake Treats by Julianne Bayer
Want more recipes from No Bake Treats by Julianne Bayer
** I was sent a copy of this book to review. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. This post contains an affiliate link.