Monster Cookie No Bake Bars – all the flavors of classic monster cookies in a super easy no bake bar recipe. No heating up the oven to make these!
No bake desserts are some of my favorite things to make. They are great in the summer to avoid the heat of the oven, but the rest of the year they are just quick and easy! And if you like peanut butter, chocolate, and anything Monster cookie like these no bake bars are a must!
These Monster Cookie Bars are a no bake recipe that has all the flavor of traditional monster cookies, but in a super quick and easy bar form.
Monster Cookie Bar Ingredients
- Peanut Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Heavy Cream
- Old Fashioned Oats
- Chocolate Chips
The heavy cream looks a little odd on the list, but that helps make the chocolate topping stay a little bit soft so you can slice these into bars.
Warning! This recipe contains flour. It is not safe to consume raw flour, there is a chance of bacteria that can make you sick. But there is a very easy solution!
How To Make Raw Flour Safe To Eat
There are 2 simple ways to make flour safe to eat. You really just need to heat it to 160 degrees F to kill any bacteria.
- Place the flour in a microwave safe bowl and heat for one minute. You can test the temperature with a probe thermometer.
- Spread flour on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F.
This No Bake Monster Cookie Bars recipe comes from the new No-Bake Treats: Incredible Unbaked Cheesecakes, Icebox Cakes, Pies and More book by Julianne Bayer from the blog Beyond Frosting. If you like no bake desserts at all, you have to get this book. It has everything from cheesecakes to dips to bars like this one, and way more. I had a really hard time deciding what to make first, and my son has marked about 25 recipes I need to make immediately. So we are not even close to done with this book! Every recipe has a gorgeous picture to go along with it as well.
How to Make Monster Cookie Bars
- Cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until it is nice and smooth.
- Add in the peanut butter and mix until everything is well combined.
- Stir in the flour and the vanilla extract.
- Next add in the oats 1 cup at a time. This ensures that you can get them evenly mixed throughout the dough.
- Finally fold in the M&M’s and press into a 9 inch square pan.
- While the bars set up, melt the heavy cream and chocolate chips together for the topping. Pour over the top and sprinkle more M&M’s on top.
- You can place these in the fridge for the chocolate to set, or let them sit at room temperature for a few hours before slicing.
Store monster cookie bars in an air tight container. I like to store them in the fridge so the chocolate stays set. Take them out and let them come to room temperature before serving, so they are creamy and absolutely delicious!
More No Bake Treats
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Avalanche Cookies
- Jello Pie
- Lemon Lasagna Dessert Recipe
- No Bake Mint Chocolate Chip Pie
- Boston Cream Pie Icebox Cake
Monster Cookie No Bake Bars
Monster Cookie No Bake Bars - all the flavors of classic monster cookies in a super easy no bake bar recipe. No heating up the oven to make these!
- 1/2 cup butter, , softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup mini M&M's
- 1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tbls heavy cream
- 1/4 cup mini M&M's
- Line a 9 inch baking dish with foil or parchment paper.
- Combine butter, sugar, and brown sugar together in a large bowl. Mix at medium speed until combined. Add peanut butter and mix until well blended.
- Stir in flour (see notes for eating raw flour) and vanilla; mixing until just incorporated. Slowly add oats, 1 cup at a time. Fold in M&M's. Press into prepared pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt together chocolate and heavy cream, in 30 second increments. Once smooth, pour over cookie dough mixture. Sprinkle with remaining M&M's.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours, or until chocolate is completely set up before serving.
Raw flour is not safe to eat. You can microwave for 1 minute, or bake at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes.
Recipe slightly adapted from No Bake Treats by Julianne Bayer
Amount Per Serving Calories 383Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 23mgSodium 135mgCarbohydrates 41gFiber 3gSugar 26gProtein 7g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Did you know there is a Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts SHOP? Lots of different E-Books for sale. Or you can buy me a coffee to say thanks!
** I was sent a copy of this book to review. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. This post contains an affiliate link.
- Chocolate Protein Balls - May 31, 2023
- Watermelon Rice Krispie Treats - May 30, 2023
- Bisquick Muffins - May 29, 2023
Thursday 15th of July 2021
These are so perfect! My kids really love everything about this treat!
Wednesday 14th of July 2021
I need these cookie bars for my afternoon tea. Deliciousness!
Wednesday 14th of July 2021
My kids are completely obsessed with these!
Wednesday 14th of July 2021
Oh wow! These bars look so addicting and I need to make these today! They look so delicious and very yummy! So excited to get the ingredients today and make them!
Tuesday 13th of July 2021
So yummy! Chocolate peanut butter is my favorite, and the M and M candies add a nice crunch