How to Make Cupcakes
- When making cupcakes you want to have your dry ingredients and wet ingredients separate. This ensures that everything is mixed together evenly, not over mixed, and that you don’t incorporate too much air in the batter. You want them to rise and get that nice dome on top!
- I like to use liners when I am making cupcakes. It is a great way to make them pretty and special for the season, and also just easy to serve and store.
- The easiest way to scoop the batter into the liners is with an ice cream scoop. You get the same amount of batter in each one, and not a lot of spills on your tray.
- You know cupcakes are done when you touch the top and they spring back. You can also use a tooth pick to see if it comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting. You can even make them ahead and frost a couple days later. If the cupcakes are still warm, the frosting will melt and just make a big mess.
What Frosting Goes with Pumpkin Cupcakes
A cream cheese frosting is traditional and always works well. Just follow the recipe on these Pumpkin Bars for that version. I like to add a little more flavor, so I added cinnamon to this frosting to make is taste even more like fall. Chocolate and pumpkin go really well together as well, so topping with chocolate ganache would be amazing! The ganache in this Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake has the recipe you need for that.
You could even use your favorite vanilla butter cream frosting. It is pretty versatile what you can use.
More Pumpkin Recipes You’ll Love
- Pumpkin Dump Cake – can’t get much easier than this!
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake – perfect for fall brunch
- Pumpkin Bread – a staple every fall
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins – the perfect way to start the day!
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup canola
- 4 eggs
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz . cream cheese
- 5 tbsp . butter, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp .cinnamon
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbls milk (if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cupcake pans, makes approximately 30 cupcakes.
- To make the cupcakes:Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt together. Set aside.
- In the bowl for an electric mixer, blend together the pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar and oil.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- With the mixer on low, add the flour in slowly, until just combined.
- Fill the cupcake liners about 2/3rd of the way full.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting: Using an electric mixer cream together cream cheese and butter, until smooth.
- Mix in vanilla. Gradually stir in the powdered sugar and cinnamon.
- Beat on medium until smooth. If frosting is too thick add milk to get to desired consistency.
- Frost cooled cupcakes.
Adapted from Annie's Eats
Serving Size30 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 242Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 48mgSodium 312mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 1gSugar 30gProtein 4g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.