Spicy Popcorn – Add a little spice and flavor to your popcorn with this super easy spice blend. Works great on microwave popcorn, air popped, or however you want to make it!
I don’t know about you, but my family is full of snackers. We all love a good snack and rely on them to get through the day. Popcorn is probably my all time favorite snack.
Movie theater popcorn is good for a treat, but you just can’t eat that every day. So to make popcorn at home better, I love to sprinkle on a little spice blend to give it some kick!
It doesn’t matter what tourist down you visit across the United States, you will most likely find a shop that sells different flavors of popcorn. And while they are always delicious, they are expensive! You can make your own flavored popcorn at home with just a few ingredients!
What You’ll Need
- Garlic Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Chili Powder
How To Make Spicy Popcorn
- Start by mixing together all of the spices until they are well blended. This makes more than you need for a serving, so store any leftovers in an air tight container.
- Make your popcorn. How you do this is up to you. A bag of microwave popcorn works great, just skip the butter in the recipe. Or you can make air popped popcorn, or pop it on the stove….however you like to make popcorn.
- If your popcorn is not buttered, toss with a little melted butter and then sprinkle over 1 teaspoon of seasoning for every 3-4 cups of popcorn. Serve immediately.
I like to start small with the amount of seasoning and adjust to taste. If you want more flavor sprinkle more on. You can’t take any away, so the recipe starts with a small amount.
More Easy Snack Recipes
- Ranch Oyster Crackers
- Almond Butter Protein Balls
- Chocolate Hummus
- Chex Mix
- Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- Frozen Yogurt Cups
- Chili’s Salsa
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- In a small bowl combine paprika, salt, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, and chili powder. Mix well. Set Aside.
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl. Toss with the melted butter.
- Slowly sprinkle 1 tsp of seasoning mixture over the popcorn, tossing to coat.
- Taste, and add more if desired.
You can use a bag of microwave popcorn. Reduce the salt to 1/2 tsp, and reduce the butter to 1 Tbls. Adapted from Rachael Ray
Amount Per Serving Calories 100Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 15mgSodium 698mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 1g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!