Ranch Oyster Crackers – crispy, buttery little crackers tossed in ranch dressing mix. They make the easiest homemade snack that will disappear in no time.
When we lived in Iowa there was a grocery store that sold ranch flavored crackers in the bakery section and it was all I could do not to buy them every time I was at the store.
They were down right addicting, and I know they were so easy to make at home, that I was definitely over paying for them.
These are ranch oyster crackers are so easy to make and surprisingly good. Crackers, butter and ranch dressing mix doesn’t seem like it would amount to anything special, but oh man you would be wrong!
What You’ll Need
- A bag of oyster crackers
- Ranch dressing mix
My family likes these with just the packet of ranch dressing mix, if you have the big container it is about 1/4 cup, but you can also add in additional spices. I have seen lots of people add more garlic or more dill. I think they are perfect as is, but if you love dill go for it!
How To Make Ranch Oyster Crackers
- These could not be easier to make, start by melting the butter.
- Pour the oyster cracker into a large bowl.
- Add your melted butter.
- Sprinkle in the ranch dressing mix.
- Toss everything together until all the crackers are evenly coated in butter and spices.
- Spread onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and stir again. Let them cool completely and they are ready to serve.
There really are a million different ways you could mix these up and make them different every time. Here are a few of my favorite.
- Make them spicy! Add 1/4-1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper to the ranch dressing mix to give your crackers a little kick!
- Go Mexican. Use taco seasoning instead of ranch for a fun twist.
- Add dill. Lots of people love dill and it is a great compliment so throwing in 1 tsp works great.
- Make the cheesy. My husband loves when I add a little Parmesan cheese to the mix. I add about 2 Tablespoons in with the ranch for a little more flavor.
- Buffalo Ranch is a fun twist! Mix about 1/4 cup of buffalo sauce with the melted butter for a spicy and flavorful twist.
- Go Italian! Italian dressing mix is full of lots of herbs and makes a great variation instead of the ranch.
Store your the seasoned crackers in an air tight container. A plastic zip top bag or tupperwear type container works great. They will last about a week stored in your pantry this way.
These ranch seasoned oyster crackers will quickly become a staple in your house. They are so easy to make and to keep the ingredients on hand for. So if you are looking for a new crunchy snack these are a must try!
More Great Snack Recipes
- Party Mix
- Chocolate Hummus
- Curried Pretzels
- Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- Frozen Yogurt Cups
- Parmesan Roasted Chickpeas
- Cheddar Jalapeno Pretzels
Ranch Oyster Crackers
Ranch Oyster Crackers - crispy, buttery little crackers tossed in ranch dressing mix. They make the easiest homemade snack that will disappear in no time.
- 9 oz bag oyster crackers
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 oz ranch dressing mix (1/4 cup)
- Preheat oven to 250º
- In a large bowl combine melted butter, dressing mix and crackers. Mix until everything is well coated.
- Pour onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, stir crackers and let cool completely.
- Store in an air tight container.
Amount Per Serving Calories 176Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 18mgSodium 515mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 3g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Did you know there is a Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts SHOP? Check out all of my E-books as well as branded merchandise HERE! Or you can buy me a coffee to say thanks!
- Beef Stroganoff - March 24, 2023
- Homemade Ravioli - March 22, 2023
- Chocolate Pizza - March 20, 2023
Signup for all the new recipes to be sent to your inbox on Saturday morning!
wow! These crackers are exactly what I need for dinner tonight! My family will love them!
Allyson Zea says
I love making these for parties or just snacking! Great flavor combo!
My daughter and I love this recipe! We’ve been snacking on these for a little bit now and so addicting! So yummy and tasty! Can’t wait to make these again soon!