Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins – a quick and easy banana muffin with plenty of chocolate chips! Great to have in your freezer for busy mornings!
We all know that I love muffins by this point. There are probably 50 Muffin Recipes on the blog so far. But this one has to be a favorite. I tend to always buy too many bananas because I like to bake with them. Blueberry Banana Bread is a favorite for the whole family.
But muffins are a close 2nd. They are one of my favorite things to have stashed in the freezer to make mornings fast and easy. These Chocolate Banana Blender Muffins are my personal favorite. You can just grab a couple from the freeze and microwave for a breakfast that is ready in less than a minute!
These banana chocolate chip muffins were are huge hit with my my son. He really loves anything that has chocolate chips in it. These Chocolate Chip Muffins will forever be his favorite, but he still devoured these.
If you buy too many bananas, but can’t use them right away you can peel them and put them in the freezer. Sometimes life gets in the way, and you can’t drop everything and bake when you want to. So instead of wasting those bananas just remove the peel and store in a freezer safe plastic bag in the freezer. I like to put 2-3 bananas in a small bag, inside of a larger bag, so I can just take out what I need for a recipe like this and still leave the rest frozen for later.
How to Make Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Like with most muffins the trick really is to mix the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients together separately, so when you mix everything together you don’t over mix.
- Whisk together flour, both sugars, baking soda, baking powder and the salt.
- Mix your mashed banana with the oil, egg and vanilla until it is nice and smooth.
- Use a spatula to mix the banana mixture and the flour mixture together until just barely combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use an ice cream scoop to divide the dough into the muffin tins. It helps make sure that all the muffins are filled the same, and it is easy clean up.
- Bake until a tester comes out clean and the muffins are golden brown.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes in the pan before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once they are cool you can store in a freezer safe bag to store in the freezer or in an air tight container in the pantry.
Mornings can be busy, so having muffins stashed in the freezer makes it easy! I rely on having a stocked freezer, so that when life gets crazy, I can know that my family is still getting breakfast every morning. These Sausage Breakfast Sandwiches are a life saver as well. You can mix them up with bacon or ham, different kind of cheese, or even a bagel or lower carb sandwich thin if you wanted to.
Be sure to pick up some extra bananas this week, so you can make these Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins and have on hand for breakfast, brunch, or even a lunch box treat! Such an easy recipe, even the kids could get in the kitchen and help with these muffins.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins - a quick and easy banana muffin with plenty of chocolate chips! Great to have in your freezer for busy mornings!
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup mashed banana (approx 2 large or 3 medium bananas)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with liners or non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, brown sugar, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl mix together the banana, egg, oil, and vanilla.
- Pour into the flour mixture, and mix until just barely combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin tins and bake for 18-20 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for a few minutes before remove to a wire rack.
- Place cooled muffins in a freezer safe bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 285Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 16mgSodium 253mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 2gSugar 22gProtein 3g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
- Homemade Ravioli - March 22, 2023
- Chocolate Pizza - March 20, 2023
- Chicken Taco Soup - March 17, 2023
Signup for all the new recipes to be sent to your inbox on Saturday morning!
Cheryl S says
I could eat these every day with a cup of coffee and a litte bit of peanut butter.
Sara Welch says
What a decadent treat! Looks like something straight from the bakery window! Delish!
The best banana chocolate chip muffins recipe! Thank you.
Beth Pierce says
Nothing quite like the combination of chocolate and bananas; these look like pure perfection!
Morning, noon or night these are awesome! Delish!
Kim Seghers says
These muffin look so good. I love that you used bananas and chocolate chips two of my favorite things together …yum!!
If you freeze them, can I use my microwave to heat them up?
Erin S says
Yes, definitely. Depends on the microwave, but about 30 seconds to thaw one muffin
These muffins are the perfect on-the-go breakfast or afternoon snack! Looks so inviting!
Chrissie Baker says
I LOVE Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins and these look fantastic.
Erin @ Texanerin Baking says
These look incredible! Love all those chocolate chips.
Kellie Hemmerly says
So fluffy and easy to make!
I made these muffins yesterday and my husband and kids can’t stop eating them. They are so good and easy to make.
Ritu jain says
Substitute for eggs????
Erin S says
I am sorry, I have not tried this without eggs, so I don’t have any suggestions.
These and a cup of coffee! What a treat, thank you for sharing!
For the banana chocolate chip muffins, can you also use the mini muffin pans? If so, how long would you bake those?
Erin S says
I have not tested them that way, but it would start with 10 minutes and check them.
I only have white whole wheat flour, would I need to use less flour or the same amount?
Erin S says
White whole wheat should work just fine – I would use the amount called for in the recipe.
Devin Kelly says
My husband can’t have gluten so I made these with Cup 4 Cup gluten free flour and they were amazing! Thank you! : )