Blueberry Banana Bread – A tender and moist classic banana bread full of juicy blueberries. Use fresh or frozen berries to make this any time of year!
There are a million banana bread recipes on the internet. Whole Wheat Banana bread, chocolate chip banana bread, banana nut bread…you name it, it is out there. But I have to say this blueberry banana bread has to be my favorite. There is just something about plump juicy blueberries that pair perfectly with this quick bread.
You can make it in the summer with fresh berries or in the winter with frozen, they all work. Such an easy banana bread recipe that you can make anytime! And you can even freeze it to use up those over ripe bananas and save it for later.
I always buy too many bananas at the store. One of these days you think I would learn and cut back on what I buy. But then again, I get to make this bread and some of our other favorites like Banana Pancakes, so maybe I will just keep buying them.
This bread recipes is a great way to use up leftover bananas you have around. Chocolate Banana Oatmeal Blender Muffins are another favorite way. You could even turn this bread into muffins if you wanted! Gotta love having breakfast stashed in your freezer for a busy mornings.
This is pretty much a classic banana bread, but with tons of blueberries mixed in. The blueberries and banana go surprisingly well together, and make for a very moist and flavorful bread. This recipe should make 4 mini loaves, that you could wrap in foil and freeze for later. Or give as gifts, if you are feeling really generous. My son is obsessed with Chocolate Chip Muffins, but these are a close 2nd.
The first time I made 1 regular sized loaf, and then 6 muffins with the little bit of batter left. As you can tell by the pictures, the loaf didn’t overflow the pan or anything. So every time since, I have just made 1 loaf pan of the bread. This blueberry banana bread is great because you can use fresh or frozen blueberries, depending on what is available. If you have even more bananas this Coconut Banana Bread is so good!
How to Make Blueberry Banana Bread
- Dry Ingredients – start by mixing together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Wet Ingredients – in a separate bowl cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Then add in eggs, milk, vanilla and mashed bananas.
- Mix – gradually add the flour mixture until it is just combined. You want to be careful not to over mix or the bread will not be nearly as tender.
- Fold in the blueberries until they are evenly mixed into the batter.
- Bake – Pour the batter into a prepared pan and bake for about an hour. A tester will come out clean when it is done. If the bread starts to get too dark before it is cooked, you can can cover with foil.
How Do You Freeze Banana Bread
Banana bread is super easy to freeze. Once the loaf has cooled completely you can wrap in plastic wrap and then place in a freezer safe bag or wrap in foil. I like to label it and then put it in the freezer. Then you can just take out a full loaf whenever cravings strike!
If you do not want to have to eat the whole loaf at once, let it cool completely and then slice. Then you can stack the slices and place in a freezer safe bag or other air tight container. This makes it easy to grab just one slice from the freezer to enjoy.
Other Quick Bread Recipes to Try
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Cranberry Orange Bread
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Apple Pie Bread
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bread
- Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Bread
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, , softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/4 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x5 bread pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In bowl for an electric mixer beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, milk and vanilla. Mix until well combined. Beat in bananas. With the mixer at low speed, gradually add in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Using a spatula, fold in the blueberries.
- Pour batter into the loaf plan. Bake for 55-60 minutes, until a tester comes out clean. If it is getting too brown on top and not cooked, place foil over the top and continue cooking.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool 15 minutes before removing from the pan.
Adapted from Damn Delicious
Serving Size10 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 299Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 62mgSodium 214mgCarbohydrates 48gFiber 2gSugar 26gProtein 4g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!