Strawberry Bread – a super moist quick bread that is loaded with lots of fresh strawberries. It is topped with a sweet glaze that takes it over the top. Simple to throw together but it will quickly become a new favorite!
Muffins and quick breads are some of my favorite things to make. They are always simple and straight forward to make, but the end results are just delicious! And this strawberry bread recipe just might be one of the best ones I have ever made.
It is a moist and tender quick bread with lots of fresh strawberries mixed in. Fresh strawberries just make everything better, so that alone was a good idea. But the glaze on the top makes it over the top amazing. It is definitely optional to add it, but trust me and just do it!
Strawberries have a lot of moisture in them, so you really don’t want to skip the step of tossing them with flour before adding them to the batter. If you do not only will they sink to the bottom, but your bread will be soggy. Very similar to the Lemon Blueberry Cake where the berries are tossed with flour first. It is just a technique that works really well with cakes, quick breads and muffins.
How To Make Strawberry Bread
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Then in another bowl whisk together the white sugar, brown sugar, egg, oil, milk, and almond extract. Beat this until it is well incorporated together.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix together until it is just combined. Be careful not to over mix, as soon as the white streaks are gone it is mixed enough.
- Toss the finely chopped berries in flour and then add to the batter. Gently fold them in until they are evenly distributed.
- Pour into a greased 8×4 inch loaf pan and bake for about an hour, until a tester comes out clean.
Adding the glaze is completely optional. It takes it from an acceptable snack with your cup of coffee in the afternoon, to dessert. But it will be one of the best desserts, it is just so good!
- Powdered Sugar
- Almond Extract
Simply whisk together the ingredients until you get a nice pourable consistency. Adjust the amount of milk and powdered sugar if you need to make it thinner or thicker.
Make sure to let the bread cool completely before adding the glaze, or it will just soak into the bread.
Quick Bread Tips
- The recipe calls for almond extract, because that is the flavor that we like the best. But if you don’t like that or don’t have it, just use equal parts vanilla extract and it will be just as tasty.
- Make sure to toss your berries in flour. This will really help them not sink to the bottom and make your bread not soggy.
- Strawberries can be a little hard to add to muffins or bread. You don’t want to go over board and add more than the recipe says, because they have so much moisture it can throw off the recipe. Also, you want to make sure your berries are diced nice and small. This way you get them evenly throughout the bread.
- It can be a pain to mix the wet and dry ingredients separately, but trust me it makes for a better texture of your bread. You are much less likely to over mix when you do this step, so you will get a tender loaf of bread, which is exactly what you want.
- Let the bread cool completely before pouring on the glaze. If the bread is still warm it will just soak up the glaze.
Fresh Or Frozen Berries
For this recipe, I really like to use fresh strawberries, because they have the best flavor and texture. So most of the time I will use fresh. But you can make it with frozen. Make sure to completely thaw the berries and drain any moisture before tossing them with the flour and using them in this bread.
You could even mix it up and use other fruit in this bread. Or throw in some nuts if that is your thing!
More Strawberry Recipes
- Strawberry Muffins
- Fresh Strawberry Pie
- Strawberry Brownies
- Homemade Strawberry Milk
- Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes
- Strawberry Crumb Bars
- Strawberry Cream Squares
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 whole large egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp almond extract (or vanilla extract)
- 1 3/4 cup chopped strawberries
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract (or vanilla extract)
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan, set aside
- In a bowl whisk together 2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg, vegetable oil, milk, and almond extract. Beat until well incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix together until no white streaks remain.
- Toss strawberries with 2 Tbsp of flour until they are well coated. Add to the batter and gently fold in until they are evenly distributed.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 55-65 minutes, until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan and placing on a wire rack to cook completely.
- If you are using the glaze whisk together the ingredients until you get a pourable consistency. You may need to adjust the milk and sugar to get the right consistency.
- Pour glaze over completely cooled bread.
Loosely cover with foil during the cooking process, if the bread is getting too dark on top before it is baked in the center.
Amount Per Serving Calories 339Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 20mgSodium 246mgCarbohydrates 54gFiber 1gSugar 32gProtein 4g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!