Lemon Blueberry Cake – a super moist lemon yogurt cake studded with fresh blueberries and topped with a lemon glaze.
This lemon cake is a super simple cake that uses yogurt to help keep is moist and tender. It is loaded with blueberries that works perfectly with the lemon.
You really could use whatever berry you want in this, and it would work really well. I use a spring form pan, but you could use a 10×5 loaf pan, or a 9 inch square baking dish as well.
Simple desserts are a must to have around, and this cake is perfect for last minute get togethers or when you just want to make something easy. You don’t need a stand mixer to make it, just whisk a few ingredients together and that is it.
What’s In Lemon Blueberry Cake
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Vegetable Oil
- Greek Yogurt – spring for the full fat, it will make your cake extra moist and delicious
- Lemon Zest
- Lemon Juice
- Vanilla Extract
How To Make Lemon Blueberry Cake
- Sift together the flour with the baking powder and salt. Set aside until you are ready to use it.
- Then in a large mixing bowl whisk together vegetable oil and sugar until it is nice and smooth.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla until it is well combined.
- Then you add in the lemon flavors. Use the zest of one lemon, and the juice of two lemons. This is enough to give you a hint of lemon in the cake. If you like more lemon, you can add lemon extract or more zest.
- To make sure that you don’t over mix the batter, alternate adding the flour and yogurt in 2 separate batches, stirring until it is just barely combined.
- In a separate bowl toss the blueberries with the rest of the flour. This helps to make sure they don’t sink to the bottom as your cake bakes.
- Then add the blueberries to the cake batter and fold until they are just incorporated.
- Pour the batter into a 9 inch spring form pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, until a tester comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely, and then pour the glaze over the top to serve.
To really amp up the flavor, I topped this cake with a lemon glaze. I find the cake is sweet enough, it doesn’t need a full on frosting. But if you want frosting, a cream cheese frosting would be a great choice.
To make Lemon Glaze just stir together powdered sugar and lemon juice until you get it to a nice and drizzle-able consistency and then pour over the top of the cake.
Can I Substitute Frozen Blueberries
Yes, you absolutely can. Blueberries can be very expensive when they are not in season, so don’t break the bank trying to get them for this cake. Thaw the frozen berries and then drain any extra liquid before tossing with the flour in the recipe. But aside from that step, they will work exactly the same!
The next time you need a last minute dessert or want a light and tender cake, this is perfect. If you are a strawberry fan, don’t miss this Strawberry Cake that is perfect for your treat!
More Lemon Dessert Recipes
- Raspberry Lemon Cupcakes
- Creamy Lemon Bars
- Lemon Brownies
- Lemon Dessert Lasagna
- Lemon Ricotta Pound Cake
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
- Lemonade Pie
Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Cake
Lemon Blueberry Cake - a super moist lemon yogurt cake studded with fresh blueberries and topped with a lemon glaze.
- 1 3/4 cups +2 Tblp flour, divided
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 2 lemon, juiced
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice, (approximately)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9 inch spring form pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Sift together 1 3/4 cups flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together vegetable oil and sugar. Add vanilla and eggs. Mixing until well combined. Add lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Alternate mixing in yogurt and flour mixture in 2 batches. Do not over mix.
- In a separate bowl toss blueberries with 2 Tbsp flour until well coated.
- Fold blueberries into cake batter.
- Pour into a 9 inch spring form pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a tester comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl mix together powdered sugar and lemon juice until desired consistency.
- Remove the outside of the spring form pan. Drizzle cake with the glaze.
Serving Size10 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 358Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 57mgSodium 245mgCarbohydrates 55gFiber 1gSugar 34gProtein 7g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Did you know there is a Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts SHOP? Lots of different E-Books for sale. Or you can buy me a coffee to say thanks!
- Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla - June 2, 2023
- Chocolate Protein Balls - May 31, 2023
- Watermelon Rice Krispie Treats - May 30, 2023
Monday 7th of June 2021
Yummy! Such a delicious and one of our favorites! I’ll definitely be making this one again! Can’t wait to make this bread with my daughter!
Monday 7th of June 2021
This cake came out so moist & delicious!
Monday 7th of June 2021
This is one of my favorite summer cakes! It's so light and fluffy.
Sunday 6th of June 2021
Lemon blueberry is such a great combo and one of my favorites! This cake looks delicious
Saturday 5th of June 2021
My kids said it is droolworthy and really amazing! They can't wait for me to make it again!