Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Cake – a super moist lemon yogurt cake studded with fresh blueberries and topped with a lemon glaze.
Today is my husband’s birthday! Do you do anything special for birthday’s at your house? We are going out to dinner to a restaurant of my husband’s choice. After that we will have his favorite dessert; Cookie Cake. The rest of the weekend is pretty much whatever he wants to do. I think we are headed up to the mountains to go snow shoeing on Saturday.
I have a little special outing planned on Sunday, we will see what he thinks. We are headed to a new place in Denver, I hope he really likes! I can’t say too much yet, because it is a surprise; and today is the day he will probably actually read my blog.
I am loving all the citrus that is around right now. I think limes were 10 for $1 last week! I wish I could stock up on them, but I just don’t go through them quickly enough. Instead, I took advantage the huge sale on lemons and made this lemon blueberry yogurt cake. Lemons and blueberries are a great combination.
And this cake is no exception. Sweet, a little tart, and then the juicy blueberries. So bright and fresh tasting. Plus, it is super easy. No mixer required, just a bowl and a spatula. No layers or frosting to deal with. Just a simple, but delicious cake. This Strawberry Yogurt Cake looks like another tasty dessert.
I used Greek yogurt in this cake. The cake is so moist and fluffy. I sent it to work with my husband and I was shocked at how quickly it disappeared. Fresh blueberries were on sale, so that is what I used. You could easily use frozen blueberries as well. I would just let them thaw and pat them dry first. The lemon glaze on top is purely optional. But really? A glaze is never all that optional. It is jut a mix of powdered sugar with a little lemon juice, so it really helps bring out the tartness in the cake. Such a light and great dessert!
- 1 1/2 cups +2 Tbls flour, , divided
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 lemon, , zested
- 1 lemon, , juiced
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tbls lemon juice, (approximately)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together vegetable oil and sugar. Add vanilla and eggs. Mixing until well combined. Add the zest and juice of a lemon.
- Alternate mixing in yogurt and flour mixture in 2 batches. Do not over mix.
- In a bowl toss blueberries with 2 Tbls flour until well coated.
- Fold blueberries into cake batter.
- Pour into a 9 inch spring form pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a tester comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl mix together powdered sugar and lemon juice until desired consistency.
- Remove the outside of the spring form pan. Drizzle cake with the glaze.
Serving Size10 Servings
Amount Per ServingCalories 358Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 57mgSodium 245mgCarbohydrates 55gFiber 1gSugar 34gProtein 7g