Easy Strawberry Cake – Use fresh strawberries to make this tender and delicious cake. It has a tasty sugary crust on the outside and is moist and almost custardy center. It is super easy to make and great for any occasion.
This post is sponsored by Imperial Sugar. All thoughts an opinions are 100% my own.
If there is one thing that my entire family can get excited about, it is strawberry desserts. I am a full on chocolate lover when it comes to dessert, and my husband is the exact opposite. So it can be tough to find something that we all are fans of. But strawberry desserts are always a win. And if you combine strawberry and chocolate like my Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake then I am really happy!
Click HERE to get the full recipe
This strawberry cake recipe is super easy to make and comes together in no time. You can serve it with whipped cream, a scoop of vanilla ice cream or even a strawberry sauce would be delicious. My family devours this cake in no time whenever I make it, and it is always a hit when I bring it anywhere. It is super simple, but something magical happens in the oven and it is a not your average cake!
If you don’t have strawberries, you could use almost any berry you had instead. Blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries would all be great in here. You could even do a combination of berries to make a Mixed Berry Cake and that would be tasty as well. Really anything goes, you just going to want to make this as soon as possible!
How to Make Strawberry Cake
- You need a 9 inch spring form pan for this cake. Spray it with non stick spray and set aside. You can use a regular cake pan if that is all you have.
- Remove the stems from 1 pound of strawberries and roughly chop them.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together on high for about 2 minutes. You want it to be a pale yellow color and be pretty thick.
- Mix in vegetable oil, sour cream and vanilla until they are well blended.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl, and slowly add to the egg mixture until it is just combined. As soon as the flour streaks disappear top the mixer.
- Fold in about 2/3rds of the chopped berries and pour into the prepared pan.
- Top with the rest of the berries gently pressing into the dough and sprinkle the rest of the sugar evenly over the top.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until a tester comes out clean. Then you just let it cool before slicing.
Can I Substitute Sour Cream
Yes, if you don’t have sour cream you can use Greek yogurt in its place. You can not taste the sour cream, it just helps to give it the moist and custardy texture.
Tips for the Perfect Cake
- Do Not Over Mix – this is the most important thing when you are making this cake. I this is a tender cake, not like a traditional layer cake that you beat for a couple minutes. As soon as the flour is incorporated you stop, or your cake will be tough.
- Room Temperature Eggs – when you are baking it is best to use room temperature eggs as the yolks break more easily and they incorporate better into whatever you are making.
- Use a Light Oil – vegetable oil or canola oil is perfect for this cake because they don’t add flavor to the cake. You can use a light olive oil or even melted butter, but they will change the taste of the cake.
- Measure flour correctly – you really want to spoon the flour into your measuring cup and level off to make sure you are not over filling your cup. If you add too much flour to this recipe the cake will not be tender or custard like, it will be much denser and drier.
More Strawberry Dessert Recipes
- Fresh Strawberry Pie
- Strawberry Cream Squares
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Strawberry Poke Cake
- Strawberry Cheesecake Lasagna
- Strawberry Almond Cupcakes
- Strawberry Popsicles
- Strawberry Milkshake Pie
I am sharing this recipe over at Imperial Sugar today. Click on Strawberry Coffee Cake Recipe to get the full printable recipe.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
- Special K Bars - March 27, 2023
- Beef Stroganoff - March 24, 2023
- Homemade Ravioli - March 22, 2023
Signup for all the new recipes to be sent to your inbox on Saturday morning!
Beth Pierce says
I LOVE strawberries! I can’t wait to try this.
Strawberry cake is my favorite, this looks so good!
This looks fabulous, so tender and moist, I can’t wait to try it!
Oh my goodness! How inviting this strawberry cake looks!
My family will surely enjoy this!! So delish!
This is callling my name! I am cannot wait to have a slice!