Strawberry Popsicles – use fresh strawberries to make super easy and delicious popsicles to enjoy all summer long.
When it is in the peak of summer with highs in the 90’s all I want is something cold to eat. Homemade ice cream like this No Churn Mint Chip Ice Cream is a must all summer long. But when fresh berries are in season, I want to take full advantage of them as well.
Strawberry Shortcake is an absolute must in our house over the summer, and has been a tradition for my husband since he was a little kid. Another favorite are these strawberry popsicles.
You can buy popsicles in the grocery store, but these are made with real fruit, so they are absolutely delicious! They are so easy with just 3 ingredients, so you can make them in just minutes. And you can adjust the sugar level based on how sweet and fresh your berries are.
This strawberry popsicle recipe is a favorite and one we make every year. It is so simple, my son makes them on his own. The hardest part is chopping the strawberries and then maybe waiting for them to set up and freeze so you can eat them!
How to Make Strawberry Popsicles
- Homemade popsicles are so easy to make. To start wash and chop up the strawberries or whatever fruit you are using.
- Mix together sugar and strawberries and let it sit for about 20 minutes until they are super juicy.
- Next you decide what texture you want. If you want chunks in your popsicles, use a fork to just mash them. If you want them smooth, you can use a blender to puree the berries.
- Mix in a little lime juice just to give them a little bit of flavor.
- Pour into molds or paper cups if you don’t have molds.
- Put in the freezer for a few hours or until they are completely frozen.
- To remove from the molds, you can run them under warm water for a few seconds to loosen them.
My son likes it when his popsicles are smooth, so I blend mine a lot. But if you want actual chucks of fruit, don’t blend them for as long. You could do all sorts of flavors with this method. Blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, cherries. You could even mix some berries together. A delicious and easy way to cool off all summer long.
Strawberry Greek Yogurt Popsicles involve an extra step, but you can bump up the protein and make them super creamy by adding Greek yogurt. If that is more of your thing, check out that recipe. The only problem will be waiting for them to set up before you get to eat them!
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tbls lime juice
- Slice strawberries into small pieces. Sprinkle with sugar and let sit for 20 minutes until juicy.
- Add lime juice and mash strawberries with a fork or blend until smooth if desired.
- Pour into molds, (or paper cups if you don't have molds), and Freeze!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per ServingCalories 65 Total Fat 0g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 1mg Carbohydrates 17g Fiber 1g Sugar 15g Protein 0g