Fresh Strawberry Pie – an easy strawberry pie in a buttery flaky crust all made without Jello. A classic summer dessert that is a must every year!
I love strawberry pie. It is something I grew up with each year as a kid. It was one of the very few non-chocolate desserts that my mom made. It has been one of my husband’s favorite pies for years. He loves Strawberry Shortcake and just about any strawberry dessert.
When I was growing up my mom always made strawberry pie without jello, so that is exactly what I do today. An easy strawberry pie that has a sweet glaze all in a buttery crust. It is summer perfection in each bite!
Click HERE to get the full recipe.
Strawberry pie glaze is super easy to make, you don’t need to use a box of Jello to help you along. To me that takes away from the fresh strawberry flavor of your pie. Instead try this No Bake Strawberry Jello Pie for an easy and creamy pie if you have a box of Jello lying around.
The strawberry pie glaze is just 4 simple ingredients and takes about 10 minutes to make! Sugar, cornstarch, water, and strawberry puree is all you need. It just gets mixed together and brought to a boil. It cooks for about 3 minutes to thicken and you are done. The rest of the pie involves cutting up strawberries. So trust me, you can do this!
How to Make Strawberry Pie
- First you need to bake your pie crust. You want a 9 inch pie crust that is baked and completely cool when you start adding the berries.
- Start with 2 pounds of strawberries. You want about a cup of strawberries that you puree until they are smooth. The rest you slice in half and add to the pie crust.
- Next you make the strawberry pie glaze that makes it all shiny and hold together. In a small saucepan whisk together the sugar and cornstarch. Add the water and heat over medium heat.
- Mix in the smooth strawberry puree and let it come to a boil. You want to stir constantly to not burn the sugar.
- After the mixture comes to a boil you continue to cook for 3 minutes, stirring the entire time. Once it thickens and coats the back of your spoon you can remove it from the heat to let it cool.
- Let the strawberry glaze sit for about 10 minutes to cool and then pour over your strawberries.
- Make sure to get the glaze in all the nooks and crannies around the strawberries, so they are completely coated in the glaze.
- Place in the fridge for 3-4 hours for the glaze to completely set up.
- Then slice and serve with fresh whipped cream!
There is just something about this strawberry pie recipe that makes it perfect for summer get together. Strawberries are perfectly sweet, juicy, and great for this pie. It will have all your guests raving and asking for the recipes. This takes over our the top stop from Strawberry Cream Squares in the dessert running.
Plus topping with homemade whipped cream takes it to a whole new level! Strawberries and whipped cream were kind of made to pair with each other and this pie does not disappoint.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
I am sharing this recipe over at Imperial Sugar today. Click on Fresh Strawberry Pie to get the FULL recipe.
**I have an on going relationship with Imperial Sugar for recipe development. I was compensated for my time to create this recipe, all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.