Homemade Lemonade – Nothing beats fresh squeezed lemonade on a hot summer day. Fresh lemons are so much better than any powder or mix there is!
Lemonade is a classic summer drink. If you want to spike it, this Blue Vodka Lemonade is a fun version. But there is just something about fresh lemonade on a hot summer day.
My entire life I have relied on the powdered mix to make a pitcher of lemonade. But man, have I been missing out. Fresh squeezed lemonade is so much better! Real lemons make all the difference!! Kind of like in a Classic Margarita, you really need to use real limes.
The best thing about this homemade lemonade recipe is you can make it as sweet or as tart as you like. If you enjoy really a tart lemonade just cut back on the sugar. But if you like it sweeter than you can add more. It is worth the effort to squeeze a few lemons to be able to enjoy of class of this while grilling up a Spicy Bacon Cheeseburger on the weekend.
Plus there are so many great cocktails you can make that have involve lemonade. This Mixed Beery Lemonade is a favorite for summer.
How to Make Homemade Lemonade
- The first step is to make a simple syrup. This ensures that the sugar is completely dissolved and your lemonade is not gritty at all. Just boil sugar and water together for a few minutes to thicken. You can make this in a big batch and store in the fridge until you are ready to use.
- Next up you need to squeeze all the lemons. It is best to squeeze them into a liquid measuring cup and then strain away the seeds and pulp.
- In a large pitcher combine the simple syrup, lemon juice and cold water. Stir until it is well combined and then store in the fridge. You can serve over ice immediately, you just want to make sure it is nice and cold.
Making fresh lemonade is actually a lot easier than you might think. There are just a couple of steps, and some cooling involved. So there isn’t the instant gratification of the powdered mix. But, it is so much better, that is makes it worth it.
You have to try this lemonade at least one time this summer. It is perfect to sip on while grilling burgers, and watching the kids play in the backyard.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice, , strained if desired
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 cups cold water
- In a small sauce pan bring 1 cup of water to a simmer. Stir in sugar, and remove from heat. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- In a pitcher combine lemon juice, the sugar mixture, and cold water. Stir.
- Store in fridge, and serve over ice.
Use more or less sugar depending on how tart or sweet you like it.
Amount Per Serving Calories 159Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 10mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 0gSugar 39gProtein 0g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.