Sausage Pancakes – Make breakfast more fun by combining your sausage with your pancakes~ Super easy, and you get sausage and pancake in each bite!
Life has been a little busy lately. My little guy turns 11 next week. Fine, he isn’t so little anymore. We are moving closer to having a teenager, almost done with elementary school, and he talks about being ready for middle school almost every day. Crazy how fast time flies! This weekend for his birthday we are making it a fun family day. He decided against a party, so we are going to Dave & Busters to play games doing an Escape Room and then out to dinner. Should be an awesome day for him! His struggle right now, is his birthday breakfast. He already picked dinner and Peanut Butter Crunch Brownies for dessert.
In the running for birthday breakfast? These Sausage Pancakes. Who doesn’t love light and fluffy pancakes? And he is a kid after my own heart with his love of sausage. So I upped the game with our breakfast for dinner, or brinner, night last week and made sausage pancakes. I used Jones Dairy Farm Chicken Sausage Patties. I love that they are healthier, because that means I can eat more! You can use whatever pancake recipe you like. I will admit, I used a box mix. We found one we like, and it is just so easy!
Ok, so to make these sausage pancakes. You make your pancake batter. It works better if it is on the thicker side. Cook your sausage according to the package directions until it is done. Then you dip the sausage in the pancake batter, making sure it is really coated well. Then place in a hot pan or on the griddle. It puffs up as it is cooking and looks like you might have done something wrong, but you didn’t! Just flip and cook the other side. You end up with a light and fluffy pancake with a sausage patty in the middle. Slice into it, and each bite is a perfect pancake and sausage combination! Be sure to check out lots of other great Breakfast for Dinner ideas over at Jones Dairy Farm (you will see a few of my ideas there)!
- 2 boxes Jones Dairy Farm Chicken Sausage Patties
- 3/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tbls Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- Cook sausage patties according to package directions.
- Heat a griddle or large pan to medium high heat
- Meanwhile whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar. In a separate bowl beat eggs, and mix in milk. Combine wet and dry ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Once sausage patties are cooked, submerge them in the pancake batter (working 2 at a time). Once they are well coated, quickly place them on hot cooking surface sprayed with non-stick spray. Cook for 2- 3 minutes, then flip and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve with syrup.
You can use a box mix as a substitute for the pancake ingredients
Want even more Breakfast for dinner ideas?
Spicy Sausage Rolls
**This post is sponsored by Jones Dairy Farm. I was compensated for my time in creating this recipe. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thanks for supporting the brands I love and that make Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts possible.