Sausage Pancakes – Make breakfast more fun by combining your sausage with your pancakes~ Super easy, and you get sausage and pancake in each bite!
What is your ideal breakfast? I usually sway to the sweet side when it comes to breakfast, I am not a big egg person. But give me a big stack of pancakes, a side of sausage and maybe some hash browns and I will be one happy girl!
Well these sausage pancakes are a fun idea where the sausage is INSIDE the pancake! Really easy to make and everyone is going to go crazy for them.
These start with a basic buttermilk pancake mix. Here is where you can get creative or use your tried and true recipe. Even a box mix is going to work here. So follow this recipe or do what works for you, no judgement here!
I like to make these with sausage patties, because I think they work better. But if all you have is links, then go for it. It is just harder to get the batter to go all the way around.
These pancakes are the perfect breakfast for dinner idea! They are hearty, delicious, and with a sausage patty in each pancake they are filling as well!
- You want to make sure your have a batter that is on the thicker side. That way it will stick to the sausage and not completely spread out when you put it in the pan.
- Use whatever your favorite sausage is, just make sure to fully cook it before dipping in the pancake batter. The pancakes only cook for a few minutes, which is not enough time to heat or cook sausage.
- Don’t mess with the pancakes once they are in the pan. You can look after a couple minutes to see if they are ready to flip, but try to leave them alone.
- Don’t press down on your pancakes. People have a tendency after they flip the pancakes to press down on them. Don’t do that! That makes it so they aren’t nearly as light and fluffy as they could be.
How To Make Sausage Pancakes
- Start by mixing up your pancake batter. You want to make sure it is a little on the thicker side if you are making something different than the recipe below.
- Cook the sausage according to the package directions, you want to make sure it is fully cooked and not frozen when you start making the pancakes.
- Dip the sausage into the pancake batter, making sure it is really well coated. Then place it in the hot skillet or griddle.
- Cook until bubbles start to form on the surface and then flip and cook for a couple minutes on the other side.
You end up with a light and fluffy pancake with a sausage patty in the middle. Slice into it, and each bite is a perfect pancake and sausage combination! Be sure to check out lots of other great Breakfast for Dinner ideas over at Jones Dairy Farm (you will see a few of my ideas there)!
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes
- Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes
- Homemade Donuts
- Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes
- Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Chocolate Waffle
- 2 boxes Jones Dairy Farm Chicken Sausage Patties
- 3/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- Cook sausage patties according to package directions.
- Heat a griddle or large pan to medium high heat
- Meanwhile whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar. In a separate bowl beat eggs, and mix in milk. Combine wet and dry ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Once sausage patties are cooked, submerge them in the pancake batter (working 2 at a time). Once they are well coated, quickly place them on hot cooking surface sprayed with non-stick spray. Cook for 2- 3 minutes, then flip and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve with syrup.
You can use a box mix as a substitute for the pancake ingredients
Amount Per Serving Calories 288Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 115mgSodium 830mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 3gSugar 7gProtein 17g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
**This post is sponsored by Jones Dairy Farm. I was compensated for my time in creating this recipe. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thanks for supporting the brands I love and that make Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts possible.