Chocolate Chip Muffins – Light and fluffy muffins with lots of chocolate chips. Great to make and stash in the freezer for quick mornings.
Do you have those recipes that you have been making for years and years, and you just take them for granted? This is one of those for me. I have the recipe memorized, and make these chocolate chip muffins all of the time. I found the recipe about 10 years ago, and it quickly became a family favorite. Muffins are one of my sons favorite things to eat for breakfast in the morning, so I always have them in the freezer.
I think these chocolate chip muffins are his all time favorite. These muffins were one of the first recipes I ever posted on my blog, and to this day it is still the most requested breakfast at my house. Unless it is Christmas time, then the Eggnog Muffins win out.
The base recipe for these muffins is not super sweet, but tender and moist. So you could switch out the chocolate chips for blueberries or nuts or anything else you wanted. I kind of have a muffin problem, with some crazy 30 or more muffin recipes on the blog. So never have to hurt for inspiration.
This chocolate chip muffin recipe is one of my favorites, because it freezes so well. I usually make a double batch, and then stash them in freezer bags in the freezer. Then in the morning my son takes out 2 muffins and microwaves them. He gets breakfast ready on his own, I don’t have to do anything, and he is happy. You really can’t ask for a better situation at 7:00 in the morning.
So stock up your freezer, and make mornings easy. Your kids will love the taste, and you can just be happy it is stress free. Add a banana or another piece of fruit and you have a good start to the day.
Want more muffins? Check out the 50 Muffins that have been shared here before, all in one place.
Blueberry Lemon Thyme Muffins by Nutmeg Nanny
Apple Struesel Muffins by My Gluten Free Kitchen
Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Muffins
Triple Chocolate Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour (plus 2 Tbls)
- 3/4 cup sugar (minus 1 tsp)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (minus 1/2 tsp)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk (plus 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Stir in chocolate chips. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full. Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips if desired. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes.
- Note: If you are baking above 3500 feet, follow the alterations in parenthesis.
Adapted from Allrecipes