Triple Chocolate Muffins – rich chocolate muffins that are moist, tender, and actually pretty good for you!
Have you done with all of your Christmas shopping yet? Are you one of those that waits until the last minute? I am usually pretty good about getting it done a little early. I spent a bunch of time wrapping presents the other day, only to find that I am way short on gifts for both of our Dads. Everyone else is covered, but those two need more! So if you have any great Dad ideas, for Dads that don’t need anything, let me know.
One thing I am doing for the teachers at school this year is making baked goods. I bought cute tins to put them in, a fun holiday spatula and a roll of cellophane to wrap it up. I am still debating on what to make for them though. It is either going to be Chocolate Pumpkin Bread or these triple chocolate muffins. I figure either way, chocolate will win over the teachers. I need to make up my mind though, because the gifts need to go to school on Friday!
I actually made these muffins for Thanksgiving. My parents were visiting, so I had them ready Thanksgiving morning for a quick breakfast. Needless to say, they did not last long. You know anything with the words “triple chocolate” in the title is going to be good. But these were better than your average muffin. You start them at a high heat, then turn down the oven part way through cooking. This gives you the big dome top, and soft tender center. Bakery style muffins at their best!
Want more muffins? Check out the 50 Muffins that have been shared here before, all in one place.
Orange Blueberry Muffins by Inside BruCrew Life
Chocolate Chip Muffins
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins
Flourless Funky Monkey Oatmeal Mini Muffins by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- 3 Tbls butter , cubed
- 1 1/2 oz dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs , lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar for dusting , optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray or line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners.
- Melt dark chocolate and butter together. If using a microwave, stop to stir every 30 seconds.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine sugar, milk, vanilla, and eggs. Mix until well combined. Add flour mixture, and mix until just combined. Fold win chocolate chips.
- Fill the 12 muffin tins with batter.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425 degrees. Reduce the oven to 375 (leave door closed) and cook for an additional 10 minutes. A tester should come out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Once completely cool, dust with powdered sugar if desired.
Recipe from Cooking Light
Time for the GIVEAWAY!!! I love Cooking Light. I have been a faithful subscriber to their magazine for years. About a year ago they asked me to be part of their Bloggers’ Connection group. Today I am excited to offer one (1) lucky reader a TWO YEAR Subscription to Cooking Light magazine.