Easy Nutella Cinnamon Rolls – Cinnamon rolls that are ready in less than 60 minutes and filled with chocolate-y Nutella.
When is time going to slow down? I thought that after last week I would have more time, but it just isn’t the case. There is always something that comes up. I had to take my car in yesterday and was stranded all day. So today is full of running around. I also just met with a local organization after our Bake It Foward video I shared on Sunday, and we are going to host a local pay it forward event with the kids and families in the area.
I love having a lazy weekend with an over the top breakfast. It hardly ever happens, but when it does I am happy. I am not a huge fan of traditional breakfast foods, unless they are full of carbs. Like pancakes, waffles, french toast or cinnamon rolls. The more carbs and sugar the better in my opinion. And if you can involve chocolate like these nutella cinnamon rolls then even better!
Cinnamon rolls are one of my favorite things. The ooey, gooey center with the frosting on top…what is not to love?! I decided to up the game a little and put a layer of Nutella and chocolate chips into these cinnamon rolls. Because chocolate for breakfast should be a thing. I don’t have the patience to make traditional yeast dough cinnamon rolls. I am hungry shortly after I wake up, so I love this quick version that are ready in less than 60 minutes. Light, fluffy cinnamon rolls ready in less than an hour – yes please!
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 21/2 cups (121/2 oz) flour
- 2 Tbls sugar
- 11/4 tsp baking pwoder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 11/4 cups buttermilk
- 6 Tbls butter, , melted and cooled
- 2 Tbls butter, , softened
- 2 Tbls milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray 9 inch pie plate with non-stick spray.. Set aside.
- Prepare the dough. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a liquid measuring cup mix together buttermilk and 2 Tbls melted butter. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon, until everything is combined (about 30 seconds). The dough will be very rough. Turn onto a floured surface and kneed until just smooth (handle as little as possible for flaky rolls).
- Using your hands, press the dough into a 12x9 inch rectangle. Spread Nutella in an even layer over the dough. Sprinkle with cinnamon and chocolate chips. Be sure to leave about 1/2 in border around the edges. Using a scarper loosen the dough from the counter, and roll (starting from the long side), into a tight cylinder. Pinch to seal. Using a sharp knife, cut into 8 equal pieces. Slightly flatten each piece of dough, to try to keep the filling in. Place 1 roll in the center of the prepared pan, and arrange the other 7 around it. Brush with the last 2 Tbls of butter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Allow the rolls to rest for 5 minutes before frosting. Meanwhile, prepare the icing. In a small bowl mix all of the icing ingredients together. You can adjust the milk and sugar level to get the desired consistency. Drizzle the icing over the cinnamon rolls.
- Remove from pan to serve.
I am always pinning different recipes on Pinterest, be sure to follow along and get new inspiration!