Chocolate Applesauce Muffins – Chocolate muffins with applesauce and Greek yogurt. They are actually healthy! I couldn’t help it, and mixed in peanut butter chips to make it even better.
Today my husband and I are taking the day off. No housework, ok we might do a little, but nothing major. And, NO kid!! He is going on adventure for the day with Grandma and Grandpa, so we get the day to ourselves. We haven’t had a day together just us in a long time, and have been working like crazy lately, so I am very excited for today. We even get to go out to a nice dinner 🙂
Before I go on my day of fun, I wanted to show you these chocolate applesauce muffins. They are actually good for you. I calculated around 130 calories in one muffin. Having chocolate for breakfast just got better! I couldn’t help it and mixed in a few peanut butter chips, but you don’t have to do that if you don’t want to.
These chocolate applesauce muffins were a huge hit with my 7 year old. We ate a couple the first day, and I froze the extras, like I normally do. They disappeared from the freezer very quickly. I was a little worried these would be dry, but they were very moist and full of chocolate flavor. I am going to have to make another batch of these soon to restock, I might change up the chips I fold in next time.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup peanut butter chips, , optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare 2 12 cup muffin tins with spray or linear. Makes approximately 18 muffins.
- Cream butter, yogurt and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in eggs and cocoa powder, stir until smooth.
- Stir in the applesauce.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir until just combined.
- Fold in peanut butter chips, if using.
- Fill muffin cups about 2/3rd full. Bake 18-20 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in the pan, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted from Butteryum
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size12 Servings
Amount Per ServingCalories 243 Total Fat 8g Saturated Fat 4g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 42mg Sodium 311mg Carbohydrates 37g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 2g Sugar 19g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 6g