Chocolate Applesauce Muffins – Chocolate muffins with applesauce and Greek yogurt. They are actually healthy! I couldn’t help it, and mixed in peanut butter chips to make it even better.
Today my husband and I are taking the day off. No housework, ok we might do a little, but nothing major. And, NO kid!! He is going on adventure for the day with Grandma and Grandpa, so we get the day to ourselves. We haven’t had a day together just us in a long time, and have been working like crazy lately, so I am very excited for today. We even get to go out to a nice dinner 🙂
Before I go on my day of fun, I wanted to show you these chocolate applesauce muffins. They are actually good for you. I calculated around 130 calories in one muffin. Having chocolate for breakfast just got better! I couldn’t help it and mixed in a few peanut butter chips, but you don’t have to do that if you don’t want to.
These chocolate applesauce muffins were a huge hit with my 7 year old. We ate a couple the first day, and I froze the extras, like I normally do. They disappeared from the freezer very quickly. I was a little worried these would be dry, but they were very moist and full of chocolate flavor. I am going to have to make another batch of these soon to restock, I might change up the chips I fold in next time.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup peanut butter chips, , optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare 2 12 cup muffin tins with spray or linear. Makes approximately 18 muffins.
- Cream butter, yogurt and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in eggs and cocoa powder, stir until smooth.
- Stir in the applesauce.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir until just combined.
- Fold in peanut butter chips, if using.
- Fill muffin cups about 2/3rd full. Bake 18-20 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in the pan, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted from Butteryum
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size12 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 243Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 42mgSodium 311mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 2gSugar 19gProtein 6g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.