Double Chocolate Cheesecake Muffins – Rich, chocolate cream cheese muffins with a layer of sweetened cream cheese for a light and tender breakfast or even dessert.
I think that every day should involve chocolate. And if you can have it for breakfast, that is even better! Chocolate Chip Muffins are in my freezer at all times for my son to have for breakfast.
My favorite are Chocolate Oatmeal Banana Blender Muffins, because you get all the flavor of chocolate, but they are healthy, so I don’t have to feel as guilty about them.
My good friend Jocelyn from Inside BruCrew Life just came out with a new cookbook. And it is all about cheesecake! It is called Cheesecake Love. Traditional cheesecakes, no bake cheesecakes, cheesecake pies and more! I have already made 2 things from the book, and my son and husband have bookmarked many more!
Double chocolate cheesecake muffins were calling to me the second I opened the book. Muffins are just kind of one of my favorite things. So I knew I had to make them.
And anything with double chocolate in the name, has to be good! So I am pretty sure I made these muffins the day the book arrived. My freezer was running low, so it was perfect timing.
The muffins have a chocolate base with chocolate chips mixed in. Then you make a quick cheesecake layer that you spoon over the muffin base. They bake up so soft and tender. They are not overly sweet, which I loved. Pretty sure you are supposed to let them cool first, but they smelled so good I couldn’t wait.
Warm melty chocolate just makes life better. Every morning my son would warm them up as well, before he ate them. This will not be the last time I make them, that is for sure! Double Chocolate Cheesecake Muffins for the win!
I also made the Funfetti Cheesecake Pie from Jocelyn’s book, and it was so good. My family raved about it, and it disappeared so fast it was kind of scary. I can’t wait to try more recipes.
I am pretty sure we are going to be eating a lot of cheesecake over the holidays this year! If you have a cheesecake loving person in your life, Cheesecake Love would make a great gift for them this year!
And if you love Muffins here are more to try!
- Nutella Muffins
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Triple Chocolate Muffins
- Blueberry Muffins
- Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
And if you love chocolate here are even more Chocolate Recipes for you!
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp ground cinnmon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
To make the Muffins
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Prepare 20 muffin cups with liners.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Set aside
- Beat brown sugar and butter together until creamy. Add egg, vanilla and sour cream. Beat until smooth.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and the milk to the butter mixer, alternating between the two.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Set aside
To make the Cheesecake Layer
- Beat cream cheese until creamy. Add sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add egg and beat until fully incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Place a spoonful of the muffin batter into the bottom of each liner. Top with cheesecake layer. Top with the remaining batter.
- Sprinkle the tops of each muffin with the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until a tester comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from oven and let cook for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe from Cheesecake Love
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 232Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 40mgSodium 295mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 1gSugar 17gProtein 4g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
**I was sent a copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. This post contains affiliate links.