Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins – healthier banana muffins made with whole wheat flour and honey. Tender, moist, and actually pretty good for you!
It is common knowledge by now that I like muffins, and I like to try to make things just a little bit healthier. That is where these chocolate muffins come in. I know you are saying to yourself; “chocolate muffins, healthy? Yeah right!” Just hear me out!
These banana chocolate chip muffins are full of whole wheat flour. They are sweetened with honey and the natural sweetness of the banana. And you get chocolate for breakfast, which I know is a good thing for most people. Mini chocolate chips are used here, so you use fewer of them, but still get them in each bite!
I made these while my 7 year old was at school. He came home and immediately wanted one for an after school snack. He said it just might be his new favorite muffin. I asked if he was sure, because Chocolate Chip Muffins have always been his favorite. He said these have more chocolate, so he thinks they might be his favorite. Can’t argue with that, can you?
Want more muffins? Check out the 50 Muffins that have been shared here before, all in one place.
Sugar Crusted Plum Muffins by Amanda’s Cookin’
Chocolate Applesauce Muffins
French Toast Muffins
100% Whole Grain Cinnamon Apple Muffins by Texanerin Baking
- 3 large bananas , mashed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl mix together banana, honey, egg, oil and vanilla until smooth. Mix in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop into prepared muffins tins, filling about 2/3rds full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cook for 5 minutes before removing from wire rack to cool completely.