Are you ready for Monday? I have a really busy week, so I kind of wish the weekend would have stuck around a little longer. Unfortunately, time doesn’t listen to me, and Monday is here. So how can you make Monday better? Healthy pizza, of course!
Indian flavors are always a hit at my house. My 7 year old asks for Indian food at least once a week. He has actually been asking if I could make an Indian pizza for awhile. I have had it on my list of things to do, but it always go pushed to the back. Then Cooking Light had a Chicken Tikka pizza in their recent issue, and I knew it was meant to be. I added it to the menu right away, and didn’t let it slip to the back this time.
If you are a fan of of Indian food at all, you will love this pizza. The chicken is cooked in a yogurt, and garam masala sauce. I used Naan bread as the crust for a more authentic Indian flavor. It comes together pretty quickly, so you can make this for a weeknight dinner. Plus anytime you can have pizza on the menu, and not feel guilty about it; you know it is a win!
- 12 oz chicken breasts, , sliced in half horizontally
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt, (I used Greek yogurt)
- 1 Tbls garam masala, , divided
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, , grated
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, , grated
- 2 Tbls heavy cream
- 4 slices Naan bread, (about 6 inches)
- 1/3 cup red onions, , sliced
- 3/4-1 cup mozzarella cheese
- fresh cilantro, , garnish
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Combine chicken, yogurt, and 1 tsp garam masala. Place on baking sheet, lined with foil. Broil for 5 minutes per side.
- Using a food processor, plus the tomatoes until smooth.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and swirl to coat. Add 3 tsp garam masala, ginger, cayenne, and garlic. Cook for about 1 minute. Add tomatoes, simmer for a few minutes. Stir in salt and heavy cream. Cook for 1 minute.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces. Add chicken to the pan, toss to coat.
- Place Naan bread on baking sheet. Broil for 1 minute each side.
- Remove from oven, and place about 1/2 cup chicken mixture onto each piece of bread. Sprinkle with red onions, and cheese. Broil for 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Garish with cilantro to serve.
Slightly Adapted from Cooking Light
Amount Per ServingCalories 361 Saturated Fat 6g Cholesterol 84mg Sodium 884mg Carbohydrates 23g Fiber 3g Sugar 4g Protein 28g