Banana Nut Muffins – most, tender, fluffy, and delicious banana muffins that are loaded with nuts. These are super easy to make, freeze great, and make the perfect breakfast any day of the week.
I love muffins for breakfast. They are perfect for busy mornings, when you just need to grab something quickly. I always have some in my freezer for those days we are short on time. And when I have over ripe bananas on hand, muffins are one of the best things to make! I often make Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins, but decided to mix it up this time.
Some members of my family would rather not have chocolate for breakfast. I am not sure what they are thinking, but if you are like them, these banana nut muffins are a must try!
Whenever I have extra bananas that we don’t eat for the week, I love to use them for baking. Blueberry Banana Bread is a great option or these Banana Pancakes are one of our favorites as well. Did you know you can freeze over ripe bananas?
To freeze bananas, remove the peel and then place them on a baking tray to freeze. Once they are frozen place in an freezer safe plastic bag or airtight container until you are ready to use them. This works great if you are making smoothies as well! Just pull out what you need and make your Mixed Berry Smoothie in minutes!
What You Need To Make Them
- All-Purpose Flour
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Vegetable Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Chopped Nuts
What Nuts To Use In Muffins
I like to use either pecans or walnuts when I am making banana nut muffins. I think they just worked the best, but if I think macadamia or hazelnuts would be a good alternative.
You want to be already toasted nuts, or raw nuts that you toast. Toasting the nuts in a skillet or in the oven just helps bring out the flavor.
How To Make Banana Nut Muffins
Be sure to scroll all the way down the recipe card to get the full measurements and instructions.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, both sugars, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and the cinnamon. Add chopped nuts and mix until everything is well blended.
- In a separate bowl blend together mashed banana, vanilla, vegetable oil and an egg. Mix well until it is smooth and creamy.
- Fold the wet and dry ingredients together until they are just combined. Be careful not to over mix, blend until the flour streaks are just incorporated.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle a few chopped nuts over the top of the muffin batter. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Muffin Recipe Tips
- I know it may seem excessive to mix things in two different bowls, but it really helps to make tender and fluffy muffins. Over mixing the batter causes the muffins to be tough, so making sure to fully blend them separately makes for the best muffins.
- Add the nuts to the flour mixture will help to make sure they don’t sink to the bottom of the muffins and are evenly dispersed.
- You can use muffin liners or spray the muffin tin well with non-stick spray.
How To Store Muffins
Store muffins in an airtight container for up to 4 days. If you refrigerate them, they will last for a few days longer. Or you can freeze them!
Muffins freeze amazingly well. Store in an airtight container or plastic food storage bag. Place in the fridge for up to 3 months. You can then take them out on busy mornings and microwave for 30-45 seconds per muffin to thaw. I like to enjoy them warm with just a little butter!
Even More Muffin Recipes
- Monkey Bread Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Chocolate Oatmeal Blender Muffins
- Nutella Muffins
- Bran Muffins
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Strawberry Muffins
- Double Chocolate Cheesecake Muffins
Banana Nut Muffins
Banana Nut Muffins - most, tender, fluffy, and delicious banana muffins that are loaded with nuts. These are super easy to make, freeze great, and make the perfect breakfast any day of the week.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted pecans or walnuts, plus more for topping
- 1 whole large egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray or fill with paper liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, brown sugar, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon until well blended.
- Add nuts and mix until the nuts are evenly dispersed.
- In a separate bowl whisk together egg, vegetable oil, vanilla and mashed banana until smooth and creamy.
- Add banana mixture to the flour mixture and mix until the flour is just incorporated.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle a few extra chopped nuts over the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan and cooling completely on a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving Calories 217Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 12mgSodium 194mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 2gSugar 12gProtein 3g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Did you know there is a Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts SHOP? Lots of different E-Books for sale. Or you can buy me a coffee to say thanks!
- 4th Of July Poke Cake - June 6, 2023
- Strawberry Jelly - June 5, 2023
- Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla - June 2, 2023
Tuesday 8th of March 2022
These muffins are perfect for on the go morning breakfast!
Tuesday 8th of March 2022
I would like to wake up with these nut muffins. They look amazing!
Tuesday 8th of March 2022
Comes out perfect every time. These are me and my boyfriends favorite!
Monday 7th of March 2022
I absolutely love these. I make banana nut bread all the time, but I have never tried doing anything like this before. It looks delicious!