I think I have found a new favorite breakfast. And it is in the form of a cookie. Surprised? Probably not. You know me well enough by now to know that I am happy eating chocolate any time of day. This on the other hand has oatmeal, and yogurt too, so it is much more acceptable for breakfast. Some might even call it healthy.
This isn’t a cookie you pick up and take with you. You do need a spoon to eat it, but it totally tastes like a cookie. My 7 year old asks for this almost every day now. It comes together in less than 5 minutes, so I am totally OK with making this every morning.
You could change this up a million different ways. I put in chocolate chips, you could put in raisins or berries. Add peanut butter (I have done that, it is good). Stir in some cocoa powder for a chocolate version. You get the idea, the possibilities are endless.
- 1/4 cupold fashioned oats
- 2 Tbls whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbls maple syrup,
- 3 Tbls vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbls chocolate chips
- 1 Tbls chopped nuts (optional)
- Stir everything together in a bowl until everything is combined.
- Place in the center of a small microwave plate. The mixture will be pretty wet.
- Gently press down, just slightly. Microwave for 60-70 seconds. Your cookie is done when it springs back, and is no longer sticky on top.
- Enjoy warm for gooey chocolate!
Adapted from Including Cake
Amount Per Serving Calories 433Saturated Fat 3gCholesterol 3mgSodium 28mgCarbohydrates 64gFiber 7gSugar 24gProtein 13g