Breakfast Tacos – tacos for breakfast is always a good idea! They are super easy to make, loaded with eggs, bacon, cheese and topped with your favorite salsa and avocado.
Tacos for breakfast is one of the best ideas! You can load them up with a combo of your favorite breakfast and taco fillings for one epic, and easy breakfast! Plus tacos are just fun any meal of the day.
And any time I can add restaurant style salsa to my day it makes for a good day. And let’s just say these tacos are good any time of the day, you don’t have to just have them for breakfast.
What Goes In Breakfast Tacos
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the measurements and full instructions!
This is where you can get really creative! The full recipe I used is below, but there are so many options and ways that you can make it your own.
Meat – Sausage, Bacon, Chorizo and Ham are great choices! Or leave it out if you want to make them vegetarian.
Eggs – Scrambled eggs are my favorite because they are easy to eat. But you can also top the tacos with a fried egg if those are what you love.
Veggies – black beans, pinto beans, refried beans, corn, tomatoes, jalapenos
Potatoes – I like to add hash browns to the tacos just for a little extra crunch and flavor.
Toppings – Salsa, Guacamole, Cheese, Sliced Jalapenos, Black Olives, Cilantro, Hot Sauce
Tortillas – I like flour tortillas for this, but corn tortillas are great too. Use whatever your favorite is.
How To Make Breakfast Tacos
- Start by cooking your bacon so it is nice and crispy. I like to dice it up first, so it cooks a little faster. Drain away the grease and set it aside until you are ready to use it.
- Next make your hash browns. You can dice up potatoes and then cook them until crispy, or you can use the frozen store bought ones and just cook according to the package directions.
- While everything is cooking prep whatever toppings you are using, so you can assemble the tacos while everything is hot.
- The last thing to do is scramble the eggs.
- Assemble the tacos by loading up warmed tortillas with a scoop of crispy hash browns, cooked scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, and then top with cheese, salsa, avocado, or whatever toppings you desire.
What Goes With Breakfast Tacos
- Instant Pot Spanish Rice
- Slow Cooker Black Beans
- Southwest Chickpea Salad
- Chili’s Salsa
- Orange Julius
If you are making these in the morning, there is some prep you can do the night before to make them a little easier. Cook the bacon the night before, so you just have to heat it in a skillet for a couple minutes to get it warm again in the morning. You can also chop up some of the veggies and toppings you are using to have them ready and waiting in the fridge.
Customize Your Breakfast Tacos
There are so many ways that you can make these your own!
Add Veggies – add fajita veggies like sautéed peppers and onions to these.
Change the Meat – I used bacon for these, but breakfast sausage is one of our favorites as well. You can also use chorizo or even leave it out if you want to make it vegetarian.
Add Sauce – Salsa or guacamole are classic toppings. If you like it spicy, use your favorite hot sauce. Or go crazy and make this Chipotle Lime Sauce. Or keep it basic and add sour cream.
Cheese – I always have cheddar cheese in my house, so it is the go to for us. But this Queso Fresco Sauce is perfect! And if you have cojita cheese it is great.
More Tasty Breakfast Recipes
- No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls
- Nutella Crepes
- Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole
- Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Sausage Breakfast Sandwich
- Nutella Donuts
- Breakfast Enchiladas
Breakfast Tacos - tacos for breakfast is always a good idea! They are super easy to make, loaded with eggs, bacon, cheese and topped with your favorite salsa and avocado.
- 4 strips bacon
- 4 whole large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely diced potatoes (or frozen hash browns)
- 4 tortillas, warmed
- Cheddar Cheese
- Sliced Jalapeno
- Sour Cream
- Start by cooking your bacon so it is nice and crispy. Cut into small pieces and cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, until browned and crispy, stirring often. Drain away the grease and set it aside until you are ready to use it.
- Next make your hash browns. Heat olive oil in a large skillet and add the potatoes. Cook for about 10 minutes until the potatoes are crispy, stirring frequently. Drain away any oil and set aside.
- While everything is cooking prep whatever toppings you are using, so you can assemble the tacos while everything is hot. Shred your cheese, slice the jalapeno etc.
- The last thing to do is scramble the eggs. Beat eggs together in a large bowl until they are very well blended.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add a little bit of the grease from your cooked bacon to the pan. Pour in eggs and cook for a few minutes until they are soft but not liquid-y. Use a spatula to stir the eggs frequently so they cook evenly.
- Assemble the tacos by loading up warmed tortillas with a scoop of crispy hash browns, cooked scrambled eggs, add the crispy bacon and then top with cheese, salsa, avocado, or whatever toppings you desire.
Amount Per Serving Calories 394Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 207mgSodium 569mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 3gSugar 1gProtein 18g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Did you know there is a Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts SHOP? Lots of different E-Books for sale. Or you can buy me a coffee to say thanks!
- Chocolate Protein Balls - May 31, 2023
- Watermelon Rice Krispie Treats - May 30, 2023
- Bisquick Muffins - May 29, 2023
Thursday 7th of October 2021
Such a great day starter! I'm definitely making this again!
Wednesday 6th of October 2021
OMG! I would like to wake up with these tacos tomorrow morning!
Wednesday 6th of October 2021
These are SO good. We love them for dinner too!
Tuesday 5th of October 2021
Now that's what I call breakfast! It's every delicious thing in one breakfast food, AND it's a taco? Perfection.
Mili @ kitchenguiders
Tuesday 5th of October 2021
Hi Erin, I am enjoying tacos for my breakfast. Thank you so much for sharing.