Chili’s Salsa Recipe – do you love the restaurant Chili’s chips and salsa? It is so easy to make at home year round! Great for taco night, game day or just because!
When my son was younger he loved to go to Chili’s restaurant. There was something about the chips and salsa that he loved, and we had to order them every time we went! Can’t say I blame him, it was one of my favorites too. I mean, I could live on chips and salsa.
And if you add Margaritas to the menu, then I am all in!
If you know me, you know I love Tex-Mex and Mexican food of any kind. It can be quick and easy like Creamy Salsa Chicken or tacos or even Chicken Enchiladas. I just love the flavors. And salsa goes right along with pretty much all Mexican food. If it is not in the recipe, it always goes well on the side. And there is just something about fresh homemade salsa.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This Chili’s salsa recipe comes together in the food processor and is ready in just minutes.
- You start with canned tomatoes, so you can make it any time of year!
- You can make it mild or spicy, that is completely up to you!
What You’ll Need
- Canned Whole Tomatoes
- Garlic Salt
- Lime Juice
How to Make Chili’s Salsa
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the measurements and full instructions!
- I like to finely chop my onions and jalapeno before I add them to the food processor. This just means you have to process it less, and you will get a chunkier salsa. But if you like your salsa smooth, than you can just cut into chunks when you add it to the food processor.
- Add all of the ingredients into the food processor and pulse until blended but still slightly chunky.
- Taste and then adjust the seasonings as necessary. If it needs more salt, just stir it in to blend it if you want your salsa to have any chunks.
I love how simple and easy this homemade salsa is to make. I am not a huge fan of jarred salsa, but I could eat homemade salsa all day every day, and this is a staple in our fridge for sure!
Can You Make This Salsa Spicier
Absolutely. You can definitely add more jalapeno if you like it spicy. You could even use a habanero or other hot pepper if a jalapeno isn’t hot enough. Or if you want it mild, cut back on the jalapeno called for in the recipe.
How to Store Homemade Salsa
Store in the fridge in an air tight container. The flavors blend together as it sets, so it is best after a few hours or over night. Chili’s salsa will last in the fridge for about a week.
If you are a fan of chips and salsa this is a must try recipe. You can always have a can of tomatoes in the pantry, so you can make this at any time. It is great to bring to parties or make for taco night. Your family is going to be really impressed when you bring out homemade salsa on a busy weeknight!
Copycat recipes are some of my favorite to make. This Chili’s Margarita Chicken will make your meal complete!
Other Great Dips to Try
- Baked Mexican Cheese Dip
- Refried Bean Dip
- Easy Taco Dip
- Homemade Guacamole
- Chorizo Queso Dip
- Chili Cheese Dip
- Bacon Cheeseburger Dip
- Crab Rangoon Dip
- 1 28oz can Whole Tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 Onion, diced
- 1 large Jalapeno, diced
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Lime
- Combine everything in a food processor.
- Process until everything is combined.
- Serve with chips
Best after sitting over night
Recipe from Six Sisters Stuff
Amount Per Serving Calories 11Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 211mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 1g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!