Chili Cheese Dip – This easy 3 ingredient cheese dip is a classic that will disappear in no time. It is perfect for game day or just snacking.
It doesn’t matter what time of year it is, making a hearty and delicious cheese dip is always a good idea! This chili cheese dip is a classic that has been around forever. It is just 3 ingredients and super easy to make.
Sometimes I like to mix up the ingredients and add in some salsa to give it even more flavor. I will include that measurements in the notes at the bottom in case you want to try it as well.
This Baked Mexican Cheese Dip has been a staple for 30+ years, and this one is similar, but it adds chili to the mix. So you can justify snacking as a meal!
What’s In Chili Cheese Dip
- Cream Cheese
- Shredded Cheese
What Kind Of Cheese
You really can mix it up and use different kinds of cheese. I like to use either all cheddar cheese or a mix of cheddar and pepper jack for a little spice.
You really just want to shred the cheese yourself, instead of using the pre-shredded stuff. The pre-shredded stuff won’t melt quite as smoothly, so for the best results take the time to shred it yourself.
How To Make Chili Cheese Dip
- Mix together chili, cream cheese and half of the shredded cheese until it is smooth and well combined.
- Spread the mixture into a pie plate and bake for about 20 minutes until it is hot, bubbly and everything is melted.
- Serve with tortilla chips or Fritos.
- If you want to spice it up and add more flavor add in a little salsa! It takes the dip to a whole new level. And is my husband’s favorite way to enjoy it.
- Top the dip with fresh diced tomatoes when it comes out of the oven to brighten it up and give is that freshness.
- This is a great use for leftover chili. I like to use chili with no beans, but that is just personal preference. There would be no problem using Crock Pot Chili in this dip. Otherwise any brand of store bought chili works great for this.
- You can definitely make this dip ahead! Mix everything together and place in baking dish. Then just cover and put in the fridge until you are ready to bake. You may need to increase the baking time by a few minutes if it is cold.
This dip is so easy to make and just 3 ingredients that you can have on hand at all times. So whether it is game day or it is Tuesday night and you just want snacks for dinner, this Chili Cheese Dip is going to be on repeat in your house.
More Cheesy Appetizer Recipes
- Bacon Cheeseburger Dip
- Baked Goat Cheese Dip
- Hot Sausage Dip
- Cheesy Sausage Wonton Cups
- Cheesy Corn Dip
- Smoked Queso
- Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Hot Crab Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 (15 oz) can chili any brand or flavor
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a bowl mix together cream cheese, chili and 1 1/2 cups of cheese. Mix until well combined and blended.
- Spread into a pie plate. Top with the remaining cheese and bake for about 20 minutes until melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve with tortilla chips.
Add more flavor and spice by mixing in 1/2 cup of salsa with the chili mixture.
Amount Per Serving Calories 313Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 76mgSodium 566mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 14g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!