Smoked Queso – a kicked up version of your favorite cheese dip! Loaded with sausage, three kinds of cheese, onion, jalapeno and tomatoes. Smoky, cheesy goodness that is great for any occasion.
When you think of firing up the grill or smoker, you most of the time think of making dinner – grilling Classic Hamburgers or Smoking Baby Back Ribs. But there is so much more you can do to take some of your favorite recipes to a whole new level.
This Smoked Queso will pretty much change the way you think of queso. It gets a hint of smoky flavor that takes it over the top, and makes it something special. Whenever we are having people over, this is the most requested recipe!
What’s In Smoked Queso
- Sausage – I like Jimmy Dean Hot Breakfast Sausage, but any kind will work!
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Mexican Blend Cheese
- Rotel Tomatoes
How To Make Smoked Queso
This cheese dip could not be easier to make. You literally dump everything in a pan and let it cook on the smoker for a couple hours.
- Brown the sausage and drain the grease away.
- Add all of the ingredients into a large cast iron skillet or a disposable aluminum tray that can go on the grill.
- Place the pan a smoker at 250º F and let it cook for 2 hours.
- After 1 hour you want to give it a good stir as the cheese has started to melt and you don’t want it getting baked in the bottom of the pan.
- Remove it from the smoker or grill after it is full melted and combined and serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
What If I Don’t Have A Smoker
You really can make this dip without a smoker. You can throw the pan on your grill, in the oven, in a slow cooker, or even in the microwave. All you are doing is melting the cheese and bringing it all together. The smoker does give it a hint of smoke flavor, but it is still absolutely delicious without it.
How To Serve Smoked Queso
This hot cheese dip is delicious with tortilla chips or Fritos corn chips. And it is great to make for get togethers. You can serve as an appetizer, take tailgating, or make for game day.
Make smoked queso ahead of time to get the smoky flavor and then put in your crock pot to keep it warm. That way it is perfect to take to your party or tailgating. You can also easily double the recipe to make it for a big crowd!
More Great Recipes For Your Smoker
- Smoked Mac and Cheese
- Smoked Meatloaf
- Smoked Pork Chops
- Smoked Corn on the Cob
- Smoked Chicken Legs
- Smoked Beef Short Ribs
- Smoked Pork Belly
- 1 pound hot breakfast sausage
- 2 pound Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend
- 2 (10 oz) cans Rotel tomatoes
- 8 oz pepper jack cheese, cubed
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- In a skillet brown sausage, breaking into small pieces. Once it is no longer pink and is cooked through, drain the fat away and set aside.
- Preheat smoker to 250º F.
- In a 13x9 inch aluminum disposable pan or large cast iron skillet add all of the ingredients. Mix until they are mostly combined.
- Place the pan on the smoker and cook for 2 hours, stirring half way through the cook time.
- Once it is hot and bubbly remove from the smoker and serve with your favorite chips.
Amount Per Serving Calories 498Total Fat 38gSaturated Fat 21gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 128mgSodium 1755mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 0gSugar 7gProtein 29g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!