Hot Sausage Dip – a creamy, cheesy, hot sausage cheese dip that is perfect for any get together. Make ahead and heat in the crock pot for the big game!
When I am making dips for a party, I love something that I can make ahead of time and then just have in the crock pot waiting for me. Sometime like Cheesy Corn Dip is one of my favorites, seriously make it for almost every get together.
Or you can go with a cold dip like French Onion Dip – make the day before, and you are done. But this rotel sausage dip is another that my family loves and has disappeared at every party I have ever brought it to.
When you think of game day or parties, cheesy dips almost always come to mind. Baked Mexican Cheese Dip has been a staple in our house for at least 30 years. So simple to make but such a hit.
Creamy, cheesy, a tiny bit spicy, and full of sausage! Super easy to throw together in just minutes. Then you let the crock pot do the work to heat it up. Perfect to make the day before. With corn chips this is down right addicting! Definitely better than your average cheese dip.
The best part about this sausage dip recipe is how easy it is to make. I like to make it a couple days before and just have it in the fridge until the day of. Then I put it in the crock pot for a few hours before I was going to serve it. Or you could put it on the oven if you are baking something else, like Baked Goat Cheese Dip.
Tortilla chips and Fritos were definitely the hit for dipping. I think you could even use this over nachos and it would be amazing!
If you are heading to a party, hosting a party, or just watching football over the week. This sausage cream cheese dip is a must! The rotel tomatoes give the dip a little kick, but still great for a crowd.
How to make Sausage Dip
- Start by browning Italian sausage until it is full cooked. You want to make sure to drain any fat way or your dip will be greasy.
- Mix together cream cheese, rotel tomatoes, cooked sausage, and cheddar cheese.
- Once everything is mixed together you can place in the crock pot to melt the cheese and keep it warm. You can also place it in a casserole dish and bake until hot and bubbly. Or you can cover and put in the fridge until you are ready to heat it up.
- Serve it all hot and gooey with corn chips.
More Dips That Are Great For Parties
- Bacon Cheeseburger Dip – easy and a hit at parties
- Crab Rangoon Dip – all the taste of a favorite in dip form
- Hot Crab Dip – a seriously impressive dip
- Taco Dip – so simple and a staple for sure
- Chorizo Queso Dip – spicy cheese dip is the best
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies, (10 oz can)
- 12 oz Italian Sausage, , cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, , shredded
- Mix all of the ingredients together until well combined.
- Place in a slow cooker/crock pot for 3-4 hours until hot.
If you do not have a slow cooker, place in a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until hot.
Amount Per ServingCalories 248 Total Fat 21g Saturated Fat 10g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 11g Cholesterol 53mg Sodium 563mg Carbohydrates 5g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 0g Sugar 2g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 11g