Chorizo Queso Dip -Lots of gooey, melty cheese with spicy chorizo mixed in is sure to make game time even better!
What is better with game day than lots of snacks? Well maybe you want your team to win too. But I am all about the food! And sometimes you just want to mix up your classic queso dip to make it even more special.
You could go with your basic beer cheese dip, but I think this queso dip recipe make it extra special and extra tasty!
So what is your favorite snack to make when watching the game? Are you at Meatball Sub Egg Roll kind of person? Or do you want salty chips with some kind of dip? Maybe a Caramelized Onion Dip? I will take it all, I am definitely not picky. Love the idea of making Crock Pot Nacho Cheese Dip so it is just on hand and ready when you need it!
Queso Dip is a staple for a lot of Mexican restaurants, and should definitely hold a place on your game day menu. This queso dip recipe has chorizo added in!! That means you get more protein, but also tons for spices and flavor from the chorizo. This is not your average cheese dip that is for sure.
Because my guys are obsessed with all things football, I am always coming up with new snacks that we can have when we are watching the games. I am often times browsing Pinterest or Facebook while the games are one, but I am also all about the snacking! And it seems the cheesier the better with my guys. Philly Cheesesteak Dip was such a hit, I decided to do a little bit more of a Mexican version this time.
I made these Chorizo Egg Wraps a long time ago, and since then my son is always asking if I am going to use Chorizo in anything else. I finally decided it was time. Lots of gooey, melty cheese with spicy chorizo mixed in is sure to make game time even better!
I used a little beer in my cheese sauce, because….well, does there really need to be a reason? Beer cheese dip might be one of the best things ever. Serve with chips, use as a topping for Nachos, or even part of the filling for tacos or burritos. No matter how you decide to serve this, it will be gone quickly!
- 12 oz . Chorizo
- 2 Tbls olive oi
- 1 cup onion, , finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, , minced
- 1/2 jalapeno, , finely chopped
- 2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 Tbls flour
- 1 cup beer
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add chorizo and onions. Cook until chorizo is cooked through and the onions are soft. Add garlic and jalapeno, cooking for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Sprinkle flour over the mixture, and stir until the flour is mixed in. Whisk in beer, and bring to a boil. Slowly stir in cheese until completely melted and smooth. Salt and Pepper to taste. Cook for a few minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips
Amount Per Serving Calories 545Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 97mgSodium 897mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 28g