Cheddar Bacon Chicken Tenders are perfect for a quick weeknight meal. Baked chicken tenders coasted in a cheddar and bacon breadcrumb mixture. Sure to please the entire family!
Does your family ever complain when you tell them chicken is for dinner? You can make chicken in so many different ways, but it is so easy to get in a rut. Southwest Baked Chicken is a good way to give your family flavors they love in a super easy chicken dinner.
Which is also why I love this baked chicken tenders recipe. I mean, who doesn’t love bacon and cheese? Super easy to mix together and bake on a busy night. Baked chicken tenders of pretty much any kind are always a hit at my house. Coconut Crusted Chicken Tenders are another version my family loves.
Cheddar and Bacon is a pretty classic combination. Cheddar Bacon Ale Dip is definitely a favorite snack to serve around here. Cheddar Bacon Avocado Quesadillas are a common last minute dinner idea. And these Cheddar Bacon Corn Muffins are a popular side dish. So why not cheddar bacon chicken tenders.
My son loves when we make baked chicken tenders. He likes to help, and dip the chicken in the flour, egg and breadcrumbs. It is one of the few times I can willingly get him to help in the kitchen. And if bacon is involved I can always count on him. So I knew he would be excited about these cheddar bacon chicken tenders, and be ready to help. And if you don’t have bacon and cheese on hand, you can try these Oven Fried Chicken for a delicious idea as well.
How to Make Chicken Tenders
- Set up a breading station. 1 bowl with eggs, 1 bowl with flour, and 1 bowl with your coating. This process makes sure your baked chicken tenders gets extra crispy!
- Place the chicken on a wire rack over a baking sheet. This make sure the air circulates around the entire piece of chicken and everything gets crispy. Not just the top.
- Bake at a high temperature. The chicken doesn’t take long to cook, so you want to make sure the temperature is hot enough to get the coating crispy.
- Do not over bake. Chicken dries out quickly, so keep an eye on the chicken tenders so they don’t get over done.
How long to Bake Chicken Tenders
This really depends on the size of your chicken pieces. I like to buy the chicken tenderloin pieces at the store to make sure all of my pieces are the same size. If you cut your own, just make sure they are the same thickness. Bake for 15 minutes and then check your chicken. There is a good chance it will be done, but if it needs more time check every 2 minutes to make sure your chicken stays nice and juicy.
Baked chicken tenders are so easy to make, and so much better than the frozen version you can buy. Plus you get to mix in whatever seasoning you want. I used crumbled bacon and shredded cheddar cheese in with my bread crumbs, to give it tons of flavor.
I served it with ranch for dipping, but you can use your favorite barbecue sauce or whatever dipping sauce you like. The crispy bacon helps keep the chicken juicy, and makes for a super tender piece of chicken. Definitely worthy of a weeknight meal!
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken tenders, (or breasts cut into strips)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, , shredded
- 1/2 cup bacon, , cooked and crumbled (cooled)
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place a wire rack on the baking sheet. Set aside
- Set up 3 bowls. In on bowl beat the egg. In the 2nd bowl season the flour with salt and pepper. In the 3rd bowl combine both bread crumbs, bacon and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the flour. Dip into the egg mixture, gently shaking off any excess. Dredge into the cheese mixture, pressing to firmly coat.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. If chicken needs more time, check every 2 minutes until chicken is fully cooked.
Amount Per Serving Calories 586Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 194mgSodium 1031mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 53g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.