Cheddar Bacon Chicken Tenders are perfect for a quick weeknight meal. Baked chicken tenders coated in a cheddar and bacon breadcrumb mixture. Sure to please the entire family!
Does your family ever complain when you tell them chicken is for dinner? You can make chicken in so many different ways, but it is so easy to get in a rut. Southwest Baked Chicken is a good way to give your family flavors they love in a super easy chicken dinner.
Which is also why I love this baked chicken tenders recipe. I mean, who doesn’t love bacon and cheese? Super easy to mix together and bake on a busy night. Baked chicken tenders of pretty much any kind are always a hit at my house. Coconut Crusted Chicken Tenders are another version my family loves.
Cheddar and Bacon is a pretty classic combination. Cheddar Bacon Ale Dip is definitely a favorite snack to serve around here. Cheddar Bacon Avocado Quesadillas are a common last minute dinner idea. And these Cheddar Bacon Corn Muffins are a popular side dish. So why not cheddar bacon chicken tenders.
What You’ll Need
- Chicken Tenderloins
- Salt & Pepper
- Cooked and Crumbled Bacon
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Panko Breadcumbs
I like the combination of traditional breadcrumbs and panko for chicken tenders. The regular breadcrumbs coat all parts of the pieces of chicken well, and the panko gives it that crunchy texture.
How to Make Chicken Tenders
- Set up a breading station. 1 bowl with eggs, 1 bowl with flour, and 1 bowl with your coating (breadcrumbs, bacon and cheese).
- Dip each piece of chicken in the flour. Dip into the egg mixture, gently shaking off any excess. Then dredge into the cheese mixture, pressing to firmly coat.
- Place the chicken on a wire rack over a baking sheet. This make sure the air circulates around the entire piece of chicken and everything gets crispy. Not just the top.
- Bake in a hot oven until cooked through and crispy.
How long to Bake Chicken Tenders
This really depends on the size of your chicken pieces. I like to buy the chicken tenderloin pieces at the store to make sure all of my pieces are the same size. If you cut your own, just make sure they are the same thickness.
Bake for 15 minutes and then check your chicken. There is a good chance it will be done, but if it needs more time check every 2 minutes to make sure your chicken stays nice and juicy. You want the internal temperature to be 165º F.
What To Serve With Chicken Tenders
These make a great meal with a couple of side dishes and your favorite dipping sauce!
- Canes Sauce
- Ranch Dressing
- Barbecue Sauce
Can I Use The Air Fryer
Absolutely! I have this Air Fryer Chicken Tender Recipes that just has a different coating, but all the tips and tricks for cooking these in the air fryer are there. Follow the time and temperature listed there for tender and juicy chicken every time!
More Easy Chicken Dinner Recipes
- Crockpot Fiesta Chicken
- Cashew Chicken
- Chipotle Chicken Bowls
- Chicken Lombardy
- Boneless Chicken Wings
- Chicken Stuffed Shells
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
- Easy Chicken Tenders
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken tenders, (or breasts cut into strips)
- 1 whole large egg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place a wire rack on the baking sheet. Set aside
- Set up 3 bowls. In on bowl beat the egg. In the 2nd bowl season the flour with salt and pepper. In the 3rd bowl combine both bread crumbs, bacon and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the flour. Dip into the egg mixture, gently shaking off any excess. Dredge into the cheese mixture, pressing to firmly coat.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. If chicken needs more time, check every 2 minutes until chicken is fully cooked.
Amount Per Serving Calories 586Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 194mgSodium 1031mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 53g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!