Chicken Tenders Recipe – these chicken tenders are super easy to make and turn out super tender, juicy and so full of flavor! If you have had Cracker Barrel Chicken Tenders, you are going to love these!
When I was in high school Cracker Barrel was one of our go-to restaurants. And I always ordered the same thing….the chicken tenders!
I am pretty sure the reason I liked going there so much is because you got a Buttermilk Biscuit with just about everything you ordered. And I am a sucker for biscuits any time of day! Fast forward 20 years and I can’t remember the last time I was at a Cracker Barrel, but I can still make my favorite chicken tenders at home.
Chicken Tenders Recipe
This is such a simple dinner you can get on the table in just minutes any night of the week. It involves a simple marinade with just 4 ingredients and then you can cook the chicken pretty much however you want! I like to use a skillet, so they can be made all year round.
But you can use the oven, the grill, or even your air fryer to cook these in no time! Plus, you can make as much or as little as you want. The leftovers are great for lots of different recipes.
Chicken Tender Uses
You can always throw in salads or use in a sandwich for lunch the next day, or here are a few great ways to use grilled chicken tenders.
- Crunchy Southwest Chicken Wrap
- Chicken Salad with Grapes
- Avocado Chicken Salad
- Chinese Chicken Salad
- Honey Sesame Chicken Wrap
Chicken Tenders Ingredients
- Chicken Tenders
- Italian Dressing
- Lime Juice
- Salt and Pepper
How To Make Chicken Tenders
- Start by mixing together the Italian dressing, lime juice, honey, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl or a plastic food storage bag.
- Add the chicken and toss everything together until it is well coated.
- Then you just let it sit. Marinate for at least 10 minutes, but the longer you let it sit the better. I like to set it sit in the fridge all day and then take it out to cook it for dinner that night.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Cook in a hot skillet or grill for about 6 minutes per side until the chicken is cooked through, and reaches an internal temperature of 165º F.
I use the Thermapen Mk4 to check the temperature of the meat throughout the cooking process. It is the most accurate thermometer I have found and have been using it for years!
- You can use any cut of chicken you want for this recipe. I really like to use chicken tenderloins because they cook so quickly. But you can use chicken breasts, you can use bone-in chicken or even chicken drumsticks. Just make sure the chicken is cooked through and it will taste amazing.
- Cook the chicken using any method you want. A large skillet over medium high heat works great, or you can grill it, bake it in the oven, or even cook it in the air fryer. It doesn’t matter, just do want you know and are comfortable with.
- Don’t over cook the chicken tenders. This is the number one thing that happens and people thing chicken is dry and not a good meat. Use a thermometer to know when the chicken is done. As soon as it reaches 165º F it is done. Remove it from the heat and serve it immediately. Cooking further will just dry out the chicken.
Store the chicken in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
What To Serve With Chicken Tenders
This Chicken Tenders Recipe is such and easy one you can make even on your busiest night. I love that you can prep it in the morning with the marinade, and then just spend 15 minutes cooking it when it is time for dinner.
It is even something the kids can help with! If your kids are old enough, they can measure the 4 ingredients for the marinade and get it in the fridge after school. Such an easy recipe the whole family will love!
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Potato Tacos
- Crunchwrap Supreme
- Pasta Milano
- Greek Meatballs
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Instant Pot Turkey Chili
- Chicken Lo Mein
- Chicken Taquitos
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast tenderloins
- 1 cup Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- In a large bowl or a gallon sized plastic food storage bag combine zesty Italian dressing, honey, lime juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add chicken tenders and mix together to coat evenly with marinade.
- Let chicken marinade for at least 10 minutes or put in the fridge for 8-10 hours.
- Remove chicken from the bag and discard the marinade.
- Heat a large well-seasoned cast iron skillet or a large non-stick skillet on medium high.
- Add the chicken to the hot pan and cook for 6-8 minutes per side or until chicken
is cooked through and has reached an internal temperature of 165º F.
Can cook the chicken in the oven, on the grill, in the air fryer or a skillet. Just place the chicken on a hot surface and cook until it is cooked through.
Amount Per Serving Calories 394Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 116mgSodium 628mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 0gSugar 19gProtein 43g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!