M&M Cookies – soft, chewy, and delicious cookies loaded with plenty of chocolate and M&M’s. They have crispy edges that taste like they come straight from the bakery!
These M&M Cookies are one of the first recipes I ever learned to make as a kid, and they are still a staple today! It is one of those recipes that you have memorized you make it so often. Between these and my favorite Homemade Brownies I have had these recipes memorized since I was probably 10 years old.
They are loaded with chocolate, soft, chewy and will disappear in no time!
The thing that makes these M&M Cookies special is how soft and chewy they are. They have more brown sugar than white sugar, so they have a richer flavor and are soft and tender. I like to use a little cornstarch in my cookie dough as well, because it leads to a thicker cookie every time. You can’t taste it at all, but it just helps the cookies bake up nice and thick!
And if you want to really put a spin on things and make you wonder what is in there, try these Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies – super rich, thick, and decadent.
What’s in M&M Cookies
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the measurements and full instructions!
- Brown Sugar
- White Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Chocolate Chips
You will notice that there are chocolate chips as well as M&M’s in this recipe. My family has always been a big fan of chocolate, so it was how I grew up making them. If you want to cut back, you can definitely use all M&M’s, but trust me and give it a try. If you like chocolate you will not be disappointed!
How To Make M&M Cookies
- In an electric stand mixer cream together butter and both sugars until it is light and fluffy. This can take about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Add in flour, cornstarch, salt, and baking soda. Mix until it is just combined and the white streaks disappear.
- Fold in chocolate chips and 1 cup of the M&M’s. Reserve 1/2 cup of the M&M’s to put on the top of each cookie.
- Scoop balls of dough onto a baking sheet. Place in the fridge to chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Top each ball of dough with a few of the reserved M&M’s.
- Bake cookies at 350º F for about 10 minutes until the edges are golden and the center of the cookies are set.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- The trick to get bakery perfect cookies is to top them with a few chocolate chips or M&M’s before you put them in the oven. They bake up picture perfect every time.
- What to make these ahead? These cookies freeze well, just cool completely and place in an air tight container in the freezer for up to 4 months.
- Freeze the cookie dough. Having cookie dough in your freezer can be a life saver. Scoop balls of dough and place them on a baking sheet. Put them in the fridge for 1-2 hours until they are frozen solid. Transfer to an air tight container for freezer safe plastic bag and store in the freezer. Then you can take out 1 or 2 cookies or a dozen if you have last minute guests, and bake them.
- Mini M&M’s are great to use for topping, that way you get chocolate and candy in every bite.
You can dress these cookies up for any holiday. We use red and green M&M’s every year to make these for Christmas. They sell colored candy for every season now, so you can make them special for any occasion.
If you have cookie dough stored in your fridge, you can even make just a couple Air Fryer Cookies in minutes to cure your cravings.
More Great Cookie Recipes
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Frosted Sugar Cookies
- Chick Fil-A Cookies
- Soft Monster Cookies
- Andes Mint Cake Mix Cookies
- Hot Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 whole large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup M&M's, divided
- Mix together the butter, sugar and brown sugar until well combined.
- Mix in the vanilla and eggs.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt until well mixed.
- Using a spatula fold in chocolate chips and 1 cup M&M's.
- Scoop small balls of dough (about golf ball size) onto a baking sheet. Top each cookie with a few M&M's. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly golden brown around the edges.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving Calories 177Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 20mgSodium 131mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 1gSugar 16gProtein 2g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!