These cream cheese chocolate chip cookies are light, fluffy, and so moist. They’re packed with butter and cream cheese for a decadent flavor and texture, and are so easy to make.
There’s nothing in the world better than a warm, soft, chewy cookie that just came out of the oven. That’s as good as life gets. Usually when I’m making cookies I opt for my Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies, but this variation might be even better. These cream cheese chocolate chip cookies are everything you love about a traditional chocolate chip cookie, but extra soft, creamy, fluffy, and moist. The texture is incredible, and the flavor of the cream cheese works so well with the chocolate chips, brown sugar, and vanilla.
Even though these cookies taste as if they should be in a fancy bakery, they’re remarkably easy to make. They don’t take much time or effort, so you can whip them up anytime you have a craving for a moist and chewy cookie. Pour yourself a glass of milk and you have the perfect afternoon treat!
Why You’ll Love These Moist Chocolate Chip Cookies
These are truly some of the best cookies I’ve ever eaten. Here’s why you’re going to love them.
- Amazing texture. The flavor of the cream cheese in these cookies is outstanding, but where the cream cheese really shines is in the texture. Adding it to these chocolate cookies makes them so moist and soft. They’ll really melt in your mouth.
- Easy. Recipes don’t get much easier than this one. You basically just mix the ingredients up, let the dough chill, and then bake the cookies. That’s it! And even though the flavors are complex, these chocolate chip cookies only use ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
- Large batches. It’s so easy to make a huge batch of these cookies. It doesn’t take much more time or effort to double or triple the recipe. I love to make these cookies when I’m going to a party or potluck and need to bring a sweet treat.
Here’s everything you need to make these decadent cookies. Make sure to check out the recipe card at the bottom to find the exact amounts for each ingredient.
- Butter – Be sure to use unsalted butter for this recipe.
- Cream cheese – Full-fat cream cheese is best.
- Light brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract – Always use 100% pure extract.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Semisweet chocolate chips
How to Make Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies
Here’s how to make these easy, chewy cookies. They’re so quick and so easy.
- Cream the dairy. Add the butter, cream cheese, granulated sugar, and brown sugar to a stand mixer. Beat until the mixture is fluffy, which should take 2-3 minutes.
- Add the egg. Put the egg and the vanilla into the mixture and beat until combined.
- Finish the dough. Add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt to the bowl, and mix until everything is well combined. Put some of the chocolate chips in the dough, and stir until they’re evenly distributed.
- Chill. Scoop balls of cookie dough onto a baking sheet or tray. Cover with plastic wrap and place the cookie dough in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat. When the dough is almost done chilling, preheat your oven to 350F.
- Shape. Place the chilled dough balls on a prepared baking sheet, and lightly press down on them to flatten them a little bit.
- Bake. Put the cookies in the oven and bake until they’re golden brown and the edges are set. This should take 10-12 minutes.
- Cool. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, and place a few chocolate chips on top of each cookie. Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack.
Tips and Tricks
Here are a few of my go-to tricks for making the best cream cheese chocolate chip cookies.
- Chill the dough for a long time. This recipe calls for you to chill the dough balls in the fridge for 2 hours. This helps the flavors meld and the texture become smoother. But the cookies will be even better if you chill the dough overnight. If you have the time, let the dough chill in the fridge overnight, and then bake the cookies the next day.
- Use room-temperature ingredients. For the best results, use cream cheese and eggs that are at room temperature. When these ingredients come straight out of the fridge, they’re too cold to mix well with other ingredients. If you let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking, they’ll become soft enough to mix well with the other ingredients in the cookies. That will make the texture of the cookies a lot better.
- Evenly space. Don’t put the cookies too close to each other on the baking sheet. As the cookies bake, they’ll flatten and expand. Give them enough room to do that without running into each other, so that each cookie can end up with a nice edge.
What to Serve Cream Cheese Cookies With
I think these cookies are perfect when served with a big glass of milk. But I also love to eat them while curled up on the couch with a cozy drink. Here are some of my favorites.
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- French Hot Chocolate
- Spiked Hot Apple Cider
- Warm Vanilla Cider
- Cashew Milk Pumpkin Steamer
How to Store Leftovers
Leftover cream cheese chocolate chip cookies can be stored in an airtight container or bag at room temperature for up to 4 days. Just make sure to store them out of direct sunlight. They’ll also last in the fridge for 1 week.
Can You Freeze These Chocolate Cookies?
You can definitely freeze these decadent cookies! Double-bag them in airtight plastic bags and store them in the freezer for up to 4 months. You can also store the cookie dough in an airtight container in the freezer for 6 months.
Or you can freeze the balls of dough in a freezer safe bag for up to 6 months. Just take out a couple and you can bake up fresh cookies any night of the week.
More Easy Cookie Recipes to Make
I’m always making cookies because they always put me in a good mood. Here are some of my other favorite recipes for you to make.
- Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Hot Chocolate Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Sour Cream Cookies
- White Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies
- Nutella Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 ounces full-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 whole large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- In a stand mixer, cream the butter, cream cheese, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in the egg and the vanilla until well incorporated.
- Add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt, and mix until combined.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed.
- Using a medium-sized cookie scoop, scoop balls of the cookie dough onto a baking sheet or tray. Cover and chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Remove the dough balls from the fridge and place them on a lined baking sheet. Press down on them slightly to flatten the dough.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are set and the cookies are golden.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and place the remaining chocolate chips on top of each cookie.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes, the move them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- You can leave the dough in the fridge overnight, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Leftover cookies can be stored in an airtight container or bad at room temperature for 4 days, in the fridge for 1 week, or in the freezer for 4 months.
Amount Per Serving Calories 148Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 16mgSodium 89mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 1gSugar 13gProtein 2g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!