Honey Sesame Chicken Salad Wraps – Broccoli slaw coated in a creamy honey sesame dressing. Wrapped with crispy chicken for a quick and easy meal.
I know I have said this here before, but I am going to say it again; I struggle with finding lunch! Usually my husband takes the leftovers to work for lunch, so that isn’t an option, and then I don’t feel like spending a bunch of time cooking something for just me. So I struggle to come up with a healthy, filling, and still tasty lunch a lot of the time. But these honey sesame chicken wraps have changed my world!
I am super excited to share this recipe with you today. It is from my good friend Amy’s new cookbook!! Amy, from the blog BellyFull, and I have been online friends for years, one of these days we will actually get to meet in person. She guest posted once before here, and you guys have loved the Oatmeal Cake recipe she shared. So I know you will be a big fan of these honey sesame chicken salad wraps as well.
I love that you can make the dressing ahead and then just make wraps all week long for quick and easy lunches! Plus you can use whatever chicken you like. I like to use frozen chicken tenders, but leftover chicken, grilled chicken, and even chicken nuggets work!
The book is Good Fast Eats. And that is exactly what it is. Fast meals that you can make for your family, that taste amazing. You know I am all about quick and easy dinners, so I was super excited to see what recipes Amy came up with. I think I have about 20 pages with post its coming out, marking the pages. One of the things I really like about this book, is all of the meals are well balanced. They are full of veggies and nutritious meals that you can feel good about feeding to your family.
I can’t wait to try the Teriyaki Pork Stir Fry, Shrimp Satay Ramen, Tex-Mex Migas Waffles, and the Meatball Soup with Pearl Couscous. They are on the top of the list of must make soon. There is even a chapter on desserts with some super fudgy looking brownies.
How to Make Honey Sesame Chicken Wraps
- Make the dressing by mixing all of the ingredients together until they are well blended.
- Cook your chicken – I use store bought frozen chicken tenders that you just heat. But you can use chicken breasts, grilled chicken, leftover chicken or even a few chicken nuggets.
- Assemble – depending on if you are making the full batch at once or just one, mix dressing with the enough slaw and then layer the almonds and chicken in your wrap.
You can store any extra dressing in the fridge for about a week.
This just may become your go to cookbook on busy nights. Click Good Fast Eats to buy a copy of your own at amazon today!
Like Chicken Wraps? Here are a few more to try!
More Chicken Recipes
- Cafe Rio Chicken
- Honey Dijon Chicken
- Instant Pot Salsa Chicken
- Chicken Pot Pie Noodles
- Copycat Chicken Madeira
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 3 Tbls rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 4 large frozen crispy chicken tenders
- 4 (10 inch) burrito sized flour tortillas
- 2 cups broccoli slaw
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Cook chicken tenders according to the package directions. Let cool slightly before assembling wraps.
- In a bowl combine all of the ingredients for the dressing, whisk until smooth.
- Toss broccoli slaw with the dressing until well coated.
- To assemble, place about 1/2 cup of broccoli slaw in the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle with about 1 Tbls of almonds and a chicken strip. Fold in the ends and roll up like a burrito.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe from Good Fast Eats
Amount Per Serving Calories 530Saturated Fat 4gCholesterol 43mgSodium 486mgCarbohydrates 44gFiber 2gSugar 25gProtein 18g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
**I was sent a copy of this book to review. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.