I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 1/2 cups hot fat-free milk
- 1 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 stick, (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 stik, (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the hot milk and the oatmeal; allow to soak while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- With an electric mixer, cream together the butter and both sugars in a large bowl. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Add half of the flour to the creamed butter mixture, followed by the soaked oatmeal (including any liquid), then the remaining flour, mixing between additions. Pour into the prepared baking dish and bake until set, 35-40 minutes.
- For the topping, put the butter, brown sugar, and milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, while stirring. Once sugar is dissolved, remove from heat. Stir in the coconut and pecans. Pour over the cake and spread evenly. Let stand for about 10 minutes, slice, and serve!
(adapted from Taste and Tell)
Serving Size16 Servings
Amount Per ServingCalories 273 Total Fat 8g Saturated Fat 4g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 28mg Sodium 185mg Carbohydrates 48g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 2g Sugar 36g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 4g