Crispy Baked Shrimp – get all the crispiness of fried shrimp in a quick and easy healthy way. Super crunchy, ready in minutes, and delicious!
I’m always on the hunt for more irresistible shrimp dinner ideas. It’s one of the most affordable shellfish options on the market, and my entire family can’t get enough. And who can blame them when they’re that tasty?
I love cooking with shrimp because it cooks in a flash and is very healthy. I try to stock up on frozen shrimp when it’s on sale and always keep some in my freezer.
In a pinch, I know I can always sauté a batch and serve it over a simple pasta. It’s so quick to thaw that I can whip up guilt-free yet scrumptious dinners in minutes.
By far, one of my favorite quick and easy ways to utilize my frozen shellfish stockpile is to make Crispy Baked Shrimp. It’s healthy, comes together with very few dishes, and is on the table in less than half an hour.
I can’t wait for you to taste this recipe. I’m sure it’ll immediately join your weeknight recipe repertoire.
Why This Recipe Works
- It only takes a handful of ingredients to bring this flavorful shrimp dish together.
- A mixture of Italian and Panko breadcrumbs creates the perfect breading consistency.
- Fresh garlic gives the shrimp a punchy flavor that keeps you coming back for more.
- Crispy Baked Shrimp is ready in only 25 minutes. You’ll have dinner on the table in no time.
What You’ll Need
- Olive Oil
- Garlic – Use fresh garlic cloves for the best flavor. Grate them with a Microplane or pop them into a garlic press.
- Italian Breadcrumbs – Italian Breadcrumbs provide seasoning and a thicker breading. The crumb is very fine and will adhere to the shrimp well.
- Panko Breadcrumbs – Panko Breadcrumbs provide an ultra-crispy and light texture.
- Cooking Sherry – Cooking Sherry gives the shrimp an irresistible flavor, but you could use chicken broth in its place.
- Seasonings – Cayenne brings the heat, and Paprika brings a subtle smoky flavor.
- Shrimp – To keep this recipe simple and quick, buy peeled and deveined shrimp to eliminate processing time.
How To Make Crispy Baked Shrimp
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the measurements and full instructions!
- Combine all of the ingredients besides the shrimp in a small bowl.
- Spread the shrimp in a single layer along the bottom of a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the shrimp. You can use a spoon to direct the breadcrumbs so you don’t lose out on any crunchy goodness.
- Bake in a 375°F oven for about 20 minutes until the shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Serve immediately and dig in!
- You don’t have to get fancy with how you grease the baking dish. Non-stick spray works perfectly for that step.
- You’ll want to use both Italian and Panko breadcrumbs to achieve the best crispy and flavorful consistency that’ll actually stick to the shrimp.
- I highly recommend using cooking sherry instead of chicken broth. Even a dry, white wine would work instead of the broth. The aging process involved with sherry and wine adds so much flavor to this simple dish. You can find cooking sherry in most grocery stores.
The trick to perfectly cooked shrimp is to pay careful attention to the crevice along the outer curve of the shrimp. This is the thickest part of the shellfish. So once that area changes from translucent to opaque, you’ll know the shrimp is cooked through.
Whether you want to make this recipe with tail-on or tail-off shrimp is up to you. The benefit of tail-on shrimp is that it adds more shrimp flavor. Plus, tail-on shrimp appear larger and more appetizing. However, if you’re not a fan of digging that last little bit of meat out of the shell, you can absolutely use tailless shrimp.
How To Serve Crispy Shrimp
Try out any of these side dishes and dipping sauce ideas to pair with your Crispy Baked Shrimp.
- Spicy Cajun Dipping Sauce – Smokey and creamy with a kick! You’ll want to smother every bite of shrimp with this scrumptious sauce.
- Smoked Mac and Cheese – If you’re in the mood for comfort food, you can’t go wrong with this smoky and cheesy pasta.
- Tossed Salad – Keep it light with a simple salad on the side
- Roasted Asparagus – roasted veggies have so much flavor and asparagus can cook along side the shrimp
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges – Use your air fryer for crispy and delicious potatoes.
Pack up any leftover baked shrimp into an airtight container. It’ll keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.
To reheat, pop the shrimp back into the oven for a few minutes to warm through
More Delicious Seafood Recipes
- Chipotle Shrimp Tacos
- Pan Seared Salmon
- Slow Cooker Jambalaya
- Bang Bang Shrimp
- Crab Puffs
- Fish Tacos
- Easy Baked Cod
- Fish Tacos
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry, (or chicken broth)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 12 oz large or jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Prepare a baking dish with non stick spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine everything but the shrimp. Mix well
- Spread shrimp in a single layer in the baking dish. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the shrimp.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the shrimp or pink and cooked through.
- Serve immediately
Amount Per Serving Calories 230Saturated Fat 1gCholesterol 214mgSodium 842mgCarbohydrates 8gProtein 19g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!